Chapter 8

(I don't own Supernatural or Criminal Minds.)

........

"Found more on the Winchesters," Garcia's voice came over the comm, "Sam was close friends with a girl named Amy. She was found dead. It is believed that Dean killed her. Sam was spotted with a girl, doesn't have her name, something happened to the file, that the Winchester brothers thought was a werewolf. Seems like Sam tried to keep her alive as long as possible, but she was found murdered in her apartment."

"Seems like Dean Winchester wants to keep what he has left close," Rossi said, glancing into the rearview mirror, "do you know where Morgan went?"

"Working on it."

..........

-Spencer-

"The worst part is that he goes through your brain before and after-"

"Shut it, bloodsucker, the kid lost his heart!" a gruff voice yelled angrily, "who knows, kid could have a freaking bomb for a heart!"

"Oh, because that's gonna put his mind at ease, Cyan, stupid mutt!"

"Will you both shut up!" Michael scolded them both.

"Luke started it!"

"Both of you just drop it!" a woman's voice said, "sweeties, we're all trapped here, whether we like it or not. We're all we've got now. This is what makes us family, because we don't have anybody else. Whether we're vampires, werewolves, Hunters, doesn't matter."

"Yes, Mama," everybody replied calmly, some sounding ashamed of themselves for bickering.

"Mama?" I questioned.

"Welcome to our little make-shift family, honey. Being close keeps us going every day. Soon the sleeping gas will come in and we'll come to in a big room where we can all get to know each other, alright?"

Her very voice was comforting and I found my fear lessening.

Sure enough, my eyelids soon seemed heavier.

It seemed like I had only closed my eyes before I was opening them again.

A man with light brown hair in a similar hair style to my own was sitting beside me, eating an apple. "I'm Michael," he explained. He pointed towards a brute of a man about my height who had short brown hair, "that's Cyan, he's not as scary as he looks."

He pronounced it as "Si-en."

"Sighing?"

"No, Si-en."

Sounded the same but I nodded. Cyan looked like he could snap me in half.

He pointed to a man about Dean's height with short black hair who was scowling, "that's Luke."

The man turned his brown-eyed gaze towards us before looking back towards the blue-eyed Cyan and continuing their argument. I couldn't hear what it was about or what was being said.

Then he nodded towards a woman who would have reminded me of Garcia except she had black hair and was African-American. She smiled warmly at me and walked over.

Luke and Cyan ended their argument to walk over.

A slightly short teen with unruly black hair and a grey-eyed teen with similar but dirty blonde hair wandered over and sat down. Now it seemed like everybody was sitting in a circle.

Then a teen with long brown hair in a ponytail wandered over, her eyes a mixture of different blues that seemed to stare right into my soul walked over too.

I shivered and struggled to sit up.

"This is Marco," Michael nodded to the black haired teen, "Nes," the dirty blonde teen nodded, "and she's Draco."

"Draco, as in dragon?" I asked.

She nodded, sitting down beside me.

"And that's Mama, she's a witch, but Viper did some sort of spell to her familiar and now she's powerless."

"You can all call me Mama," she said warmly.

"Draco's a Hunter," Marco said, "Viper kidnapped her because he thought she was a dragon. She thinks it's because of her name."

"What about you two?" I asked Marco and Nes, wincing as I finally managed to sit up.

Nes scowled as if angered but he wasn't angry at me, "nessie."

Marco smirked, "I'm a sky dragon."

"Wait, what!?" I coughed at the effort of sitting up.

Marco smirked again and the next thing I knew, a dragon with scale-like feathers of various shades of blue with white feathered wings, the feathers outlined in gold. Marco went from being shorter than me to about the height of a moose. The sky dragon was about the length of a pickup truck, and though he didn't look very strong, you could tell he was agile. He grinned and waved a clawed paw/hand, the claws obviously built for clinging to the surface of cliffs, "feathers. Not scales."

"Careful," Michael said as I attempted to stand up, "Viper apparently took your heart, remember?"

"Then why am I still alive?" I replied.

Nes scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "well, maybe that's why Axel is missing."

"Axel?"

"He was a-"

Nes shot Marco a glare that seemed to scream, 'shut up!'

"So, all of you are powerless?"

"In my true form my body would fall in on itself," Nes said, "everybody else is powerless."

Marco sighed, "he set up a magnet in my inner compass, taking away my sense of direction so to speak. If I tried to run or fly I'd either fall over or crash into the ground."

"Took my weapons," Draco muttered.

"Draco's been here for years," Michael told me, "since she was 9."

I stared at her, wide-eyed. 9 years?

Marco turned back into his human form.

"Do you think, I have Axel's heart?"

"Probably more than that," Draco sighed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious.

"Viper probably adjusted parts of your brain or something. There will probably be side-effects. Axel wasn't human, I'll tell you that, so yeah, definite side-effects."

"Yay," I sighed sarcastically.

Next thing I knew, I was opening my eyes and back in the small white room on the gurney like bed.

"You still alive, kid?" I heard Cyan ask.

"For now," I sighed, "can you at least tell me what Axel was?"

"That's a long story. Best not to tell you."

I sighed again, closing my eyes and listening to the beating of the foreign heart in my chest.