Chapter 4

(I don't own Supernatural or Criminal Minds. Sorry, I made a mistake with the names, but it's fixed now. I kept calling Garcia JJ. Sorry!)

"........."

"Will you cut it out!" Dean hissed sharply, startling Spencer as the boy genius/former Hunter immediately thought over everything he had done in the last five seconds. Even among fellow Hunters, his fake persona as Spencer Reid had become a habit of being and he easily fell back into it. He scowled, forcing himself to not overthink things, a habit that was often critical for his current job, but had ruined a chance at a perfect score on many a test in school. The thought brought up his memories of foster care and his unstable childhood. Which led to him remembering how he had ran away at age 10, and was taken in by the Reid family at age 15. Of course, now his brain was largely off task- which somehow made him fall deeper into the past. Blurry images that had always been on the edge of his mind surfaced like fleeting wisps of hope, all he had from his actual family.

He strained to grab them, to figure them out, but like always, they were gone as quickly as they came.

The sounds he remembered seemed so far away, and he just couldn't make out the setting or people in it. The voice had become just that, a voice, something he was unable to compare anyone to, from the amount of time that had passed.

"It's okay..... Spencer...... dad will be back soon..... promise......"

Baby Spencer yawned, aware of warm beings on either side of him.

"....I'll..... miss you... everything will.... be okay. But dad says.... you have to go..motels......dad says.... can't.... Spencer, I'm so sorry."

"I'm not doing anything," Sam's reply to Dean's outburst chased away what dim, lingering memories Spencer had managed to grab hold of. Spencer frowned in dismay and annoyance as he was brought back to reality. He was also displeased with himself for zoning out so easily.

"You're breathing on my neck!"

"I am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"....Are. Too."

"....Jerk."

"B****"

(Resisting the urge to backhand Dean for swearing.)

Spencer watched the exchange between the brothers and felt a ping of jealousy. Not for the first time, his spirits fell as he wished that he had somebody he could actually call kin. The closest thing he had to family was..... the ones who had unknowingly, basically been betrayed and lied to by somebody they trusted, himself. Spencer felt a bit of shame over this.

"Shhh!" Sam finally replied.

They all listened carefully.

"Think they're gone?"

A moment of silence as they sat in the room in silence for about five minutes.

The Whinchesters visibly relaxed and Sam turned to Spencer.

"You're probably hungry, and there's probably something in the fridge upstairs-"

"No time, we have to get out of here. Bobby just texted me. They're taking him in for questioning and he says they told him that they're going to return in about an hour to search the place. Which means we only have an hour to pile as much as we can of Bobby's stuff into this room in case they find something," Dean said before cursing.

"I'll help," Spencer said, standing up and dusting himself of. The Winchesters stood up as well and Dean opened the door to the panic room.

"Books first?" Sam asked, turning to Dean for instructions.