Chapter 5

(I don't own Supernatural or Criminal Minds....(( They are probably the only thing visible to grab being sarcastic or Criminal liability. They are good for the cats in a second more than scorch the only one of the crystals and he keeps most likely cast a bit of shame.)) I'm sorry, every now and then I just have to use the auto thing and see what my phone has to say. (^_^) It has interesting things to say.)

-Spencer-

As soon as we watched the hidden cabin in the woods- oh great, just had to make that comparison even though I'm technically back in the hunting business. Yeah, I'm totally going to be able to sleep tonight. Anyways, I just plopped down on one of the beds, and to my amazement, I was out like a light.

........

He carefully picked his way over a tripwire in front of the door and snuck inside. All three were asleep, and he figured that they must be exhausted.

He paused beside the bed of the scrawny one, the one that seemed like less of a threat. With a nervous flick of his reptilian tongue flicking over dagger sharp teeth, he leaned in closer for a better look. He had to make sure.

The scent seemed to blend with the other two scents, and he had to take a few deep breaths when he discovered the blood still on the young one's neck. It would not do to lose control of himself.

The blood of an angel. He'd gotten that. This part was a little more complicated.

But first, it couldn't hurt to... make sure the young one didn't alarm the others right? He could lose a couple pints. Right? Right!? Just a little fun even?

The young one's eyes snapped open in alarm as Viper, the snake/human/vampire hybrid creature sunk his fang as into his neck. His eyes shifted to terror, and he tried to fight back or at least cry out for help or to alarm the other two Hunters in the room.

Viper narrowed his eyes, prying a knife out of the young Hunter's hand before any damage could be dealt and sent out a temporary toxin that would temporarily disable his victim's vocal cords. He used his claws to keep his victim from possibly making too much of a struggle. After all, he didn't want him, no, it hurting itself or making a ruckus.

He knew it was sadistical thinking, but he quite enjoyed it's silent screams.

"Nobody can hear you," he hissed gleefully in it's ear, pausing to make an attempt to send it into a panic. Blood tasted better when it was hyped up on adrenaline.

It's fight for survival seemed to revive when Viper sunk his fangs into it's neck again, but too soon, he realized how feeble the attempts began to become.

Viper hissed and scratched the Hunter, leaving three jagged tears in the Hunter's shirt and three red lines on his skin in a hopeless attempt to revive the Hunter. Viper wasn't done yet! His stomach gurgled in protest. But it's eyes fluttered weakly.

"Don't just give up!" Viper hissed quietly.

He cursed angrily. He'd have to wait. And he wasn't taking the chance of trying to go after the bigger prey. He usually tried to thin out the herd. But he needed it.

Or She would wake up. And Viper would be the first thing on the menu.

Viper patched it up, threw it over his shoulder, and left before the bigger prey could be alerted or awoken.

..............

"Rossi.."

"Penelope, what you got for us?"

"Um, well, I did some snooping to see if Spencer has ever met or heard of the Winchesters before and, well, I may have found a bit more than I thought I would."

"Tell me what you got, baby-doll," Morgan joined the conversation, curious.

"Anyways, the tracker you slipped onto the Impala, well, I'm sending you the coordinates."

"Garcia, what were you about to say?"

"Well, Spencer was kind of adopted."

There was silence over the comms before everybody else who hadn't been a part of the conversation now was as everybody exclaimed at the same time, "WHAT!?"

"The Reids found him hiding under their porch when he was fifteen and took him in."

"But he graduated from high school when he was twelve. Where was he before then?"

"Now that was extremely hard to backtrack his background from there. Apparently, a Spencer disappeared from a foster home when he was ten and, get this, halfway across the U.S.A from where he showed up underneath the Reid's porch. He spent his life until that point being sent from foster home to foster home. The one he ran away from was the day before they were about to send him away to another foster home because, and now this makes me angry, because they wanted a more active kid who they could teach new things to- technically speaking a kid that wasn't smarter than them."

Several angry comments came over the comm as Garcia paused before continuing.

"In every single foster home, he reportedly insisted on, as they put it, drawing on the walls and dumping salt everywhere. Ooh, this one's interesting, in one incident, he told the current foster father, a Mr. Markinson, that there was a monster in his closet and insisted that he wanted daddy to get rid of it. It was a year after he was put into the foster system. He went into such a detailed description of how to kill monsters with weapons a two year old shouldn't even know about that the Markinsons requested he be moved to a different foster home."

Concerned remarks came over the comm before someone asked the million dollar question.

"Garcia, who put Spencer into the foster system?"

Garcia spinned in her swivy chair before sighing and replying while glancing at the page, "fraternal twins, Spencer's 'twin' was born early, Spencer was born a little late. He was put into foster care about two years after his mother's death. His father couldn't handle three boys. Neither Spencer or his brothers know."

"Penelope, out with it, sweetheart," Morgan said, even though they all had a horrible suspicion what she was going to say.

"Spencey's real name is Spencer Winchester."