Chapter 6 - Real.

~Kamsi~

*
There are times when I wish I could just sleep the pain away. I'd wish I could just lay unconscious for as long as the pain would take me, just so I wouldn't have to feel it each time I wake up. But, Reality's hiss stings more than a snake's bite, and I wake up to those bruises and all those memories that caused me all that pain.
Just be real with me 'cause we all have our equal share of fears.

*

"What are you doing?" Kambili said, staring all wide-eyed, at me.

I stuttered, and wondered if it was too late to say that I had 'accidentally' stumbled into the room. "Uh..." Her eyes kept questioning me, and I soon ran a hand over my face. In fright, I quickly looked behind her; to be sure no one was there, and hurriedly pulled her into the room. Then, I shut the door.

"What the hell, Kamsi? What's the matter with you?" She stared at me, like she was trying to read my thoughts, just by staring into my head.

I sighed, and pulled my face in-between my palms. "You have to keep quiet about this. Promise you won't tell anyone." My eyes were dead serious, and I was sure she got the message I wanted her to.

Slowly, she nodded her head at me. Then she looked worried, and whispered, "is something bad about to happen? What's going on?"

"Nothing you should be worried about. In fact, just leave and act like you never saw me in here," I looked at her, and tried to look as desperate as I could. "Please leave." I stressed, yet she still stayed.

She blinked. Once. Twice. And still wasn't moving - just stared at me like I'd grown a tail on my butt. "What?" Agitated, I nearly snapped at her. Luckily, I caught hold of my tongue, right before I could say anything I would end up regretting.

"What...? What are you doing here, Kamsi? What's going on with you? I'm worried... And don't dare try to tell me not to worry. Something's up. Tell me." Her eyes were pleading with me, and she looked like she had so many hopes built up on those few words of hers. She looked like she was testing me to dare try shutting her out again. "You... You don't trust me enough?" Her voice held hurt, and when I looked her in the eye, I saw raw hurt sitting right there. It stung to look at her for even a second longer, and so I looked away.

Her eyes looked like they'd bleed. She was trying to keep it under control, I could tell because she wouldn't stop shaking her head in disappointment. "When, Kamsi? When will you finally trust me enough to tell me what's going on with you? You just— you just shut me out like I mean nothing to you." She huffed, and stared at me like she were losing her mind.

"That's not true!" I snapped. "I do care... And— and that's why I'm asking that you leave. Now, please leave." I quickly added.

She shook her head at me, almost like she had been bruised right where it hurt the most. "Fine. Keep your secrets. Don't tell me anything. Just keep being secretive, and  keep acting like I'm a waste of your precious time. I'm used to being treated like I don't exist, anyway. Been invisible to you for as long as I remember, anyways." With that, she angrily reached for the door knob.

My heart dropped to the floor. "That's a lie. Don't say that again. I just have—"

"I am you sister, Kamsi!" She snapped. "Your twin sister. Gee, don't you think I get curious too? Don't you think I want to know what's truly going on, too?" She hissed. "There's no use explaining anything to you. You'll never get it. Just go back to playing your fun game of—"