___ • ___

The following morning, Wooyoung looked for San during breakfast. He wanted to apologise for his behaviour of the previous night. He had too many harsh moments to apologise for, to be honest.

Anyway, he couldn't find San in the little canteen of the building. It was very early. Probably the older wanted to sleep a bit more before the practice.

Wooyoung was reached by Seonghwa, Yeosang and Hongjoong, who greeted with a big smile.

"Hey guys! Good morning."

"Good morning to you. How are you? Yesterday on the stage you looked a bit... Shocked." Seonghwa said with a giggle. Seonghwa had been together with him in the team and ranked #4 for the third time. He was extremely appreciated by the audience, which made Wooyoung happy because he had always thought the older had a potential charisma which filled the gaps of his dancing and singing. And he looked very good. Probably he was one of the most beautiful amongst the 20 of them. Neither San had such a beautiful face. But he looks pretty anyway.

Wait, what?

Wooyoung shook his head, again, to bring his mind back on reality and not on Choi San.

"Yeah, I was just... You know how bad it is singing for me. We did well, didn't we? I'm so happy we won!"

"Yeah, and what about you and San?" Wooyoung clearly winced.

"W-what? What do you mean?" Seonghwa laughed at his reaction.

"What song do you have to cover? What were you thinking?" Seonghwa knew exactly what Wooyoung was thinking. He was also close with San and he had seen a pretty nice interest between the two guys. He didn't say anything to none of them, anyway. For now, he just watched at them from the corner and possibly give some hints, sometimes, when it was needed, taking advantage of his friendship with both the guys.

"Oh." Of course. What was I thinking? "I guess we have Fake Love from BTS. I already know the choreo a bit, and San is a fast learner so I guess we just will have to make it fit two dancers and we can then just work on the emotional side. Which is good, I think that's the point to highlight to make the judges satisfied." He nodded at his own words, still with a little blush on his cheeks for the previous misunderstanding. "What about you?"

"Me? I have to prepare Energetic by Wanna One with Soobin. I never talked a lot with him, I'm curious.
And you, Yeosang? You are with Yunho for a duet, right?"

"Yes. I think my singing got better so I hope that a duet will help me show my improvements." The boy finished his French toast with a little smile on. Also Yeosang was ranking high, usually #8 or #9. And Hongjoong, too. Seems that Wooyoung liked to be friends with the best ones without realising it.

They stayed a little more for breakfast before leaving for their practices. Actually, since there weren't hundreds of studios, they had a timetable for their practice time. That's why Wooyoung chose to wait a bit more in the cafeteria, hopefully San would have come now or later.

Since the older didn't seem to come, Wooyoung pull out his earphones and started to study the dance steps of the song. He ran back to his room to bring his sketchbook and wrote down some ideas he got by looking at the video. Then he'd shown San the setting he had in mind for the performance.

It wasn't until 11 that San made his appearance. His hair still a little messy and his eyes puffy from the sleep.

Cute.

But it was pretty late to look that sleepy, Wooyoung thought.

Since he was the only one left in the hall, San made his way to Wooyoung and greeted him with a little grin.

"Hey, good morning! You had a good sleep, didn't you? It's 11 and you look like you slept for barely three hours!" Wooyoung looked at him with amused eyes.

"Hey, I was tired! I deserved some sleep." He rubbed his eyes before taking a sip from his Americano.

"We have practice in one hour, do you remember?"

"Oh, so now you know that we have to perform together?" San said bitterly. This caught Wooyoung off guard.

"Look... I'm sorry for last night. I was... confused at the end of the episode, I haven't realised everything but... I'm happy to stay with you, for real. I think this might be my time to..." he directed his glance to his hands.

"Wooyoung, there's no need to—"

"To apologise for the last two months." This caused San to blush a little. "I've been horrible to you, without any reason but my personal problems. I thought you were a narcissist who wanted to step on everyone else to look better. But you're not. I got it." Wooyoung was still looking at his shaking hands during the speech. He managed to look up just when he had nothing left to say.

The sudden eye contact made him gulp. San didn't miss it, which caused his lips' angles to get up. He didn't escape the intense stare.

"I don't blame you, the training was mentally harsh... But now it's just past. Let's focus on the present and slap everyone's ass with our performance, okay?" he rushed to finish his breakfast and collect his stuff to run in the dance studio, Wooyoung behind him still silent but with an amused smile on his lips.

.

ok just wondering if you prefer this time for the updates or what i used to do before?

btw finally wooyoung acted as a decent human being oof