TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - I LOVE YOU
(12/04/2021)

They stood before eachother, listening to the silence that overtook, a gasp was heard escaping her lips as she attempted to recover from his bold statement. Suddenly, her mood lifted into a beautiful haze, the lightness of her heart was enough to burst into a thousand stars. As the moon shown brightly, she caressed his cheek in a moment of passion and pulled him closer, locking their lips with a fierce fire.

The taste of champagne lingered on his tongue, her sweetness overcoming his senses as he groaned, finally living the dream that had been constantly on his mind. His fingers ran through her hair as he depended the kiss, his free hand slowly held the bottom of her waist close to his body, needing the heat that she radiated so beautifully.

"You love me?" She asked in between kisses as he trailed down and brushed his lips against her neck.

"Yes, very much so." He whispered, attaching his mouth to hers again- gently, she smiled lovingly at his confession that would forever change her heart, it was a wonderful feeling- Simon proudly confessing his love for her. She never thought it was possible, they had spent time together yet far apart, he had spent nights with other woman and in return, had regretted the passionate nights spent at the brothel instead of evenings spent with Calista. It was a strange feeling, one that he could not hold back any further. He had suffered emotional stress after leaving her especially when she was ill, he had put it down as quickly and painlessly ending things before he figured that maybe he did want marriage, maybe he wanted a life spent with her in their house

He was conflicted.
She was the cause.

Unaware of what she was doing to him, lightly moaned into his mouth and he gulped it down,  terrified to part with such a magnificent soul incase this was, in fact a dream that he had dreamt since they met.

"I suppose I love you." She giggled, creating a small distance, their noses brushing past one another to keep the intimate feeling alive.

"Please, forgive me. You need to forgive me, I've been foolish. The thought of leaving you behind didn't feel right. I want you, for the rest of my life." He spoke, just above a whisper so she could hear him well enough for her eyes to flutter in a daydream. She never spoke, too stunned to string a sentence together.

"You need to know before this becomes serious. I don't intend to have an heir, The Duke of Hastings dies with me." He sternly informed her and her eyes widened at the thought of him not wanting children. He didn't want children, a man of grace and elegant had openingly told her that if they were to marry- she wouldn't have children. She nodded her head yet never pulled away.

That was the sacrifice she was willing to make for him and him alone.

"Marry me, Calista Bridgerton, it's a need that I marry you soon as possible. I never want to part with you ever again." He held her hand gently.

"Shall we get married without blessings, what a scandal." She smirked and he rolled his eyes at her normal self coming to life again, of course she would go against her family just for the sheer hell of it.

"One may say modesty is a virtue, yet this author is hardly a virtuous woman. It is therefore my great pleasure to announce the news others questioned, but I never doubted. It will be the wedding of the year. The Angel of the season has made her match, officially betrothed to the Duke of Hastings. The bride, undoubtedly, is giddy with anticipation over the impending nuptials- an event that will apparently take place
sooner rather than later. Of course, there are only two reasons to procure a special license
and race to the altar: true love or concealing a scandal."

"How does it feel, sister, to be in love?" Francesca had returned for her aunts in the countryside, floating around the idea of her sister being married to a Duke and her other sister courting the Prince until he finally plucked the courage up to ask for her hand in marriage.

"I cannot find the words to describe how amazing it feels, I feel like I'm constantly floating on a cloud. I'm so grateful I came back from the countryside. Who would have thought I'd be getting married." She laughed as she span Hyacinth around in her arms before Eloise scoffed.

"I won't be following in your footsteps, that's for sure."

"You realise that you can be a feminist and love men, it is possible, El. They aren't all bad." Her sister explained.

"You do know that we are setting
the standard for your future matches, yes? Perhaps you should be grateful." Daphne joined in, widely smiling at her sisters while doing so.

"The only thing I am grateful for
is that I am not you, nor will I ever be."

"One day you will know what love feels like and then you'll understand what we feel. It truly is magnificent." Calista lightly span around with Hyacinth attached to her side screaming in excitement.

Calsita and her mother were to spend time with Simon and Lady Danbury this fine day, her mother had planned an evening meal for the families to get to know each other better before the wedding. She stood with a parasol blocking the sun from her skin, creating shade which was much appreciated.

The first of August was the start of fabulous things happening. She would be married on the third of August to the man of her dreams.

"Did we not say noon?" Violet asked her daughter. Lady Danbury was never late, Simon on the other hand- it was questionable. Calista began to panic, maybe he had second thoughts about marrying her. He had suggested it, she wouldn't have agreed if she knew he wasn't one hundred percent sure that this what what he wanted.

"We did, mama."

"Ah, don't be alarmed. There he is." Violet smiled, Calista dropped her parasol to the side of her body as she noticed him, he had a box in his hand with a wide smile to be seen for miles away. She blushed as they approached her and Violet.

"Well, do not make haste on our account, my love." She chucked, not bothering to curtsy to her fiancé. He shook his head as he handed out the box which was candies and fresh fruit, like the first gift he had ever gave her, yet again he had spent the morning preparing this especially for his fiancé, wanting the afternoon to be perfect before asking the Queen for a special licence. She opened the box and gleamed with happiness at his thoughtfulness.

"A most heartfelt congratulations, Your Grace. I look forward to counting you as part of our family." Her mother added as Calista popped a grape into her mouth.

"As do I."

"Perhaps we should promenade? It's such a lovely day we're having." She raised her parasol but she quickly took it off her, holding it to shade her. It was a heartfelt moment between the two which caused Lady Danbury and Violet Bridgerton to look at each other with amazement. It was not usual but it created an extra feeling of hope as she watched her daughter walk with a man who she knew would treat her with respect and equality.