EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - PEACE
(30/03/2021)

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - PEACE(30/03/2021)

"Dear Gentle Readers,

Beneath the glorious clean slate of Lord Berbrooke lay a treacherous debt which ultimately couldn't be paid, on the official death certificate of Lord Berbrooke, a heart attack which couldn't be more false than Lord Hemingway's wig. Found in an alleyway, apparently with no stab wounds and a letter of money owed, Lord Berbrooke found his fate. Miss Daphne Bridgerton must find it a relief to know she is no longer to be engaged to the mighty confident Nigel Berbrooke.

Lady Whistledown."

A bright smile was found on the eldest daughter's face as she read the daily gossip sheet, he had done her a huge favour a few nights ago and perhaps she would forever be in his debt if he ever chose to cash the favour in. She assumed Anthony was aware that Calista had made this happen but if he did have an inkling, he kept his mouth shut for the sake of the family.

Now, Daphne was free to court whoever she wanted, she had heard gossip from her mother that the Queens nephew, Prince of Prussia was visiting England soon, staying in the royal household until he found the perfect wife.

Her mother had found out all this out in one afternoon when she visited the Queen.

It was almost as if Queen Charlotte wanted Daphne to court the Prince which made Violet almost jump for joy. Her Calista was courting a Duke and her Daphne would soon catch the eye of the Prince. Calista could tell her mother was excited for the future evenings that would occur, nothing could go wrong. There was yet another ball tonight, Calista felt all she did was attend events now, however she was excited for Daphne, her sister deserved a chance of happiness. She had heard that the Prince was a handsome foreign blonde with dashing blue eyes, anyone could easily drown in them if they stared too long.

She was dressed like the personification of wealth tonight, a gold satin look which was sure to turn the right heads her way, her hair was flowing down her back, sitting perfectly as the Summer breeze was on her side, not a single hair out of place.

Her heels made her a tad taller yet she doubted she would be taller than the man she would find herself dancing with all night, not wanting to dance with anyone else. she thought it was selfish of her to keep him for herself but she rather grew fond of the Duke's personality. She wasn't sure if they would class eachother as friends yet or if he really didn't want mamas crowding him about courting their daughters.

Unfortunately, he never turned up for their evening meal three nights ago and hadn't seen her since, perhaps the thought of her visiting the Ramsey household bothered him.