"He likes to sniff people." Mike smirked at the familiar line, silently remembering how Nanaba had said the same thing to Ang when they were introduced.

"Ahh, too much chit chat." Hanji remarked as they came to a stop outside a large set of double doors. Ang looked to Eren again, the silent exchange passing between them. They nodded simultaneously, and as Hanji spoke again, Ang reached to open the doors. "It's probably better not to have an explanation in advance." Two guards grasped Eren's shoulder harshly and pushed him through the doorway and into he courtroom.

It felt like all of Sina was here, the courtroom was packed to the brim, every seat was occupied, and everybody was looking at him. The mural on the ceiling depicting parts of the Great Titan War sent shivers down his spine. Angharad walked past her nephew towards the Scouts' section of the courtroom, taking her place between Erwin and Levi. Eren was pushed to kneel on the ground as they slid the large metal poll through his cuffed hands.

The courtroom was silent, and as Eren looked around, he realized that the highest positions from every regiment was in attendance. Commander Pyxis and Rico, whom he had met briefly before he plugged the hole in the gate of Trost. Commander Nile Dok of the Military Police, next to him a priest of the Church of the Walls. And finally, Commander Erwin Smith, Lieutenant Jaeger, and Captain Levi. He could also see Armin and Mikasa standing at the end of the Scouts' section.

A squeak of a door, footsteps, and a commanding presence. Eren could feel the way the room shifted, suddenly every soldier stood straighter, hands positioned behind their back in respect of the man in question. Premier Zackly shrugged off his military trench coat, rolled up his sleeves, and leaned forwards in the judge's seat, staring down at the teenager kneeled in the middle of the courtroom.

"Well then. Let's begin." Zackly looked over the stack of papers in front of him. "Eren Jaeger, yes? You're a soldier, sworn to sacrifice your life for the public good. Is the correct?"

"Yes sir." Eren responded back, somewhat hesitant. This man was the head of all three branches of the military, anyone with a brain would be intimidated by him in rank alone. But Zackly, with his white hair and matching beard, not to mention the lifetime of military experience, could send shivers down any soldier's spine.

"This is an exceptional situation." Zackly continued. "This tribunal will be held under military, not civilian, law. The final decision rests entirely in my hands. Your fate will be decided here."

Angharad did her best not to show any outward emotion, keeping her expression as neutral as possible.

"Do you have any objections?"

"No sir." Eren ducked his head, trying not to think about the fact that this would probably be his last day alive. There's no way he's going to let me live, not when I can turn into the very think humanity hates.

"I appreciate your perception. I will be direct. As anticipated, concealing your existence has been proven impossible. We must make your existence public in some form, or a threat to humanity other than the titans may arise. What I will decide today is which branch will have custody of you. The Military Police? Or the Survey Corps?" Zackly turned to the left side of the room. "I ask for the Military Police for their proposal."

A taller male with messy, dark hair rose from his seat, speaking loudly for the whole room to hear.

"Yes sir! I, Commander of the Military Police, Nile Dok, will present my proposal. After a thorough inspection of Eren's body, we propose that he be eliminated immediately." Ang grit her teeth as Nile turned to look at her nephew. "It is certainly true that his Titan power overcame our previous peril. However, now his existence threatens to spark a civil war. We ask him to die for humanity's sake, leaving behind all the information he can."