Chapter 39 : Working for the delinquents

Start from the beginning

I shake my head and said “Mr.CEO, nothing is perfect.”

He leaned in and whispered in my ear “I guess you’re wrong my CEO. Cause an example of perfection stands in my arm.”

I shake my head and thought to speak what I wanted to speak from a long time, since he fired Mr. Dickens.

“I thought you’re going to change yourself into the old you.”

He furrowed his eyes and answered “I’ve been changing myself a lot haven’t I? however it’s gonna take a little more time when it comes to patience but I won’t change myself for the people I work with, it’ll be only you or the ones who’re close to me”

“Why?”

“Because baby this is the way business works, if you have to be successful, you have to give priority to your work only. There shouldn’t be a room for people’s sentiments. A man with soft side can never succeed in the market . this.. is .. the fact. I’ve been working with this principle and have been the market leader in five continents. What else do you want from jerk?”

He ended with a genuine smile and I scan every inch of his face. He is a jerk, but with a mind that has captivated five continents. To an extent I think he’s right because it’s his way of working that has given him and his company success now there’s no need to change it all of a sudden for those who do not give him proper results.

A smile escaper through my lips as I compare the same Chris who once asked me to give him a BJ the first time we met and who I saw purchasing condoms of various flavors.

“What was so funny in my mind blowing lecture?” he asked with a smirk

“Nothing. It’s just that…” I inhaled and continued “the jerk that once used to ask me to give him a BJ has turned into a jerk with sense.”

His cheeks flashed a pink and I laughed even more. This is what makes him embarrassed every time I speak of our first meeting. He groaned and I pulled his face to kiss him. I couldn’t control either of my hands or my lips. I sense his lips forming a genuine smile as I kissed them. He kissed me back while pulling me into him. the sudden tickles my senses get every time his lips massages mine is irrestible and I have to fight it hard especially in the workplace as the place has just a couch; insufficient for us.

We pulled apart and I turn around to move to the couch. Before I could move he drew me into him as he pulled me by my waist and carried me to the couch while making me sit on his lap.

Before I could lean into the crook of his neck his door creaked open and came in his secretary .The same women who I used to hate two years ago for her useless flirting with Chris and still hate as the hate is mutual now. She hates me because she can’t flirt with my boyfriend anymore and I hate her because she still hasn’t given up her useless flirting.

Although I’ve strictly warned Chris for staying two hands distance away from her and he abides it whole heartedly. He even asked me to fire her but again got a warning for me for not mixing the professional and personal life. I made him realize of Tiffany’s professional abilities and he agreed not fire her. However if she doesn’t stop her flirting with him anytime sooner I will personally put her on fire.

Tiffany glares me and I rolled my eyes to shift so as to sit on the couch.

“Yes Tiffany, and please knock from next time?” Chris glared her as he stood and moved to sit on his usual chair.

Tiffany plastered a big fake smile on her face before she batted her eyelashes and blurted “Sorry sir and Mr. Carter you have two meetings today. One at two P.M and another at three thirty P.M. “