Chapter 11 | I Have Returned My Love!

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

However, not having to force myself to be happy everyday at practice and on game nights was worth quitting.

"It's already weird not having you on the team anymore." Kara says, a sad look coming over her face.

"I know but at least I don't have to deal with Bridgett." I say shrugging.

"That's true, but now I do." Kara says, sighing.

"Okay, this conversation got depressing." Jake says. "Did I tell y'all about the turtle I found in my backyard yesterday?"

"How the hell is there a turtle in your backyard?" Austin says, giving Jake a look of disbelief.

"I don't know but I named him Tony, because you know Tony Stark is the best avenger." Jake says, causing Austin to glare.

"We all know Captain America is better."

"Jake what did you do!" Travis says, putting his head in his hands.

As they begin arguing over the better avenger, I give Jake a grateful smile for changing the topic.

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have him as my twin brother.

'~'

A/N: This scene has a pretty detailed fight scene that may be triggering for some readers. PLEASE read with caution.

"Emma?" I hear a voice say, and I look over to see Alex standing next to me.

"Hey!" I say over the noise of the football game happening.

I've been sitting in the stands by myself for the majority of this game. We're in the fourth quarter now, and we're winning by two touchdowns. When I was in cheer I didn't pay as much attention to the guys playing until now.

They're really good. They work really well as a team, getting us touchdowns. It's cool to watch them from up here instead of the track.

"Have you been here this whole time?" I ask him as he sits down.

"Yeah, I was sitting with some friends." He says, looking at the game.

"That's cool. I'm glad you made some friends. You'll have to introduce me sometime."

"Yeah for sure..." He says, looking away and scratching the back of his head. I frown at his weird behavior, but shrug it off and cheer as we get another touchdown.

"So what are you doing after this?" He asks me.

"I was planning to just go home. Why?"

"We could hang out?" He says, looking over at me with a smile.

"Hmmm." I say, pretending to contemplate it. "I guess I can squeeze you in."

"Oh? I have to make appointments now?"

"Yeah I'm a very busy person Alex." I tease, giving him a smile.

He smirks at me and I look down smiling. A gust of wind causes me to shudder, and Alex laughs at me.

"Are you cold?" He asks, smiling.

"I'm just a little chilly." I tell him, rubbing my arms.

"Come here." He says, putting his arm up.

I smile and scoot closer to him, his arm going around my shoulders.

The gang would murder him if they saw this.

"Better?" He asks, looking down at me.

"Better." I respond, smiling at him.

We end up winning the game and I get up, following Alex to the parking lot. As we walk, I take my phone out and text the gang to let them know where I'm going.

Free Fallingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें