Chapter 18

"Alright!" Technoblade yelled. "Stop fighting now!" Techno's voice was so loud that most people stopped and turned around, looking both confused and frightened. "The war's over, let Dream and his friends go and walk away now before I kill you all," He snarled. Wait what. Dream thought, confused. But he- he was just trying to kill me... Dream turned to look at the man Techno had just killed and realized who it was with a start. MrBeast lay in a pool of his own blood, eyes still open in shock.

"But you were on our side," One guard said.

"Was I though?" Techno shrugged. "You heard me, leave now before I kill you all,"

"MrBeast is dead!" Someone yelled.

"Yeah," Techno hissed. "I killed him, now get out of here," Some people dropped their weapons and fled at once. With no leader, they had no idea what to do now. Others stood frozen in shock and a few glared at Techno angrily. "I am not exaggerating. I will slaughter every single one of you if you do not leave in five seconds," Techno hissed, staring at one particularly enraged guard. "Five, four, three-" Some people walked away and Techno paused, there were only five more people. "Two, one," He stopped, staring at the man. "I warned you," Then he lashed out with his blade and at once the man was dead. The four other people gasped and ran into the woods, leaving their weapons on the ground. Techno glanced at the person he'd just killed, and the MrBeast, seeming unfazed.

"What in the actual heck," Sapnap said.

"Alright," Techno said with a nod. "I'ma head out," He turned around and started walking away.

"No you don't," Dream said. "What the hell was that? Why did you do that?" Techno turned around and shrugged.

"I killed a lot of people and ruined a lot of lives," Techno said after a moment. "But if I can save just a small handful of people... I think I can live with that," He said with a slight nod. "I'll go now." He added. Dream didn't know what to think as Techno turned and headed away. Should I go after him? He wondered. Before he could make a decision someone else ran into the woods after Technoblade. Chris?

Technoblade's POV:

Technoblade wandered away. Back to the arena for me. He thought with a sigh of remorse. I wish I could stay there... no. I don't deserve it. I need to go back to the arena. He thought, holding his head high and marching forward. After a moment he heard footsteps and whipped around, wondering if someone were going to attack him.

"Techno!" Techno recognized the man at once. The one face that had kept him going through those awful years in the arena. "Hey man," Chris came to a stop beside Technoblade.

"Hey," Techno said. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I haven't talked to you since you died in the arena," Chris said. I guess that's true. "I never got to say sorry for capturing you and making you kill people,"

"It's not your fault," Techno said. "MrBeast made you do it. Thank you for being my only friend in there and actually giving me a chance. It means a lot,"

"So you're really leaving?" Chris asked. "You just show up to save our butts and then leave?"

"Well, I don't have a choice do I?" Techno said after a moment with a sad shrug. "No one wants me there. Bye Chris," Techno nodded and started walking away again.

"I'll talk to them," Chris said. "And we'll come get you if they agree you can come back," Techno halted. He'd really do that for me? Techno thought. Wow... He nodded and gave Chris a look over his shoulder before walking away. It didn't take long for Techno to reach the arena and once he did he found his feet taking him to the one room he always went when he needed some alone time. Not that there was anyone else in the arena anyway, but this room at least provided some comfort. Torn dummies and pieces of foam littered the floor along with a few wooden weapons, long unused. He sat down on the bench he always did and sighed, lowering his sword and staring blankly at the wall across from him.

"I'm still confused," Techno was slightly surprised as he heard a voice and even more so when someone sat down beside him. "What made you come back?"

"What else was I supposed to do?" Techno said, turning to look at Dream. "I couldn't just let you all die, it's more than just the fact that I hated MrBeast," Techno admitted. "It's the fact that for once I think I have some friends, and I can't just sit by cleaning my weapons for a battle that will never come."

"But I thought you were mad at me," Dream said.

"Yeah, well I kicked you in the face. I'd say we're even," Techno said with a smile. "Why is it that after every battle we always end up here?"

"I dunno," Dream said. "It's a peaceful room,"

"Yeah, dismembered dummies and all," Techno said, kicking a piece of foam away from his foot. "How did you even get here so fast?" Techno asked.

"I ran," Dream said.

"You're fast I'll admit," Techno said. "I hope we never have to fight again," He added. 

"We won't," Dream promised. "I should go, I'll talk to everyone about letting you return. I'll tell them you've changed-"

"I haven't changed and I don't intend of trying to," Techno said. "If they won't take me in, I won't be caught begging," He said. "I have dignity too, you know," 

"Yeah, I know," Dream said. "But maybe if you at least told them you'd try to change-" He started.

"I'm not a liar," Techno said, casting Dream a sideways glance. "I'm a lot of things, Dream, but I'm not a liar," Dream stared at Technoblade for a while before nodding. 

"Ok then," He sighed. "I'll still try to convince them," He said. 

"You don't have to," Techno said. "I'm fine where I'm at, I don't want to ruin more lives than I already have,"

"You didn't ruin any lives, MrBeast did, you just took some," Dream said.

"First of all, how is that any better?" Techno asked. Before Dream could answer he went on. "And secondly, each of those people I killed had a family and some friends. People were probably having a great day and then I just came out and ruined it by killing their loved one," Techno said. "That's got to be over three thousand people, Dream,"

"You're making it really hard for me to be on your side," Dream said after a moment. I'm doing it on purpose, you need to see I'm not the good guy here. Leave. Techno held back the comment and just shrugged.

"Then just go," He said. "You have a life, you've got friends, go back and live with them. I'll be fine by myself. I need to think about what I've done and figure out what to do now," He added, looking out across the room and staring blankly at the wall in front of him. 

"You're a very difficult person to be around," Dream sighed. "Bye," He's really leaving. Techno stole a glance at Dream as he got up and turned around. But I guess that's fair... 

So, this was supposed to be the last chapter but apparently it's not.