Chapter 17

Dream was still too shocked by Technoblade's sudden appearance to do anything and before he knew it the other man had attacked him. Dream gasped as he was thrust backward and suddenly realized he had to fight. Not again! Dream thought. I can't win! It's just- it's impossible! Dream knew that his friends were still there. They'll help me, where are they? Dream glanced to his side and saw that MrBeast's army had made a wide circle around Technoblade and himself, facing outward toward the people trying to get in. It's over. I'm done. Dream thought, looking back at Technoblade who was staring at him. Just behind him was MrBeast with two guards at his side, grinning madly.

"Why are you doing this?" Dream demanded, staring at Techno as he walked forward slowly.

"Because I can," Techno hissed, his blue yees glinting with malice under that pig mask of his.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should," Dream said. "Stop this!" Techno snorted and shook his head, raising his blade again and driving it toward Dream. He hit him with the flat end of his sword, knocking him to the side again. He's not even trying to kill me, he's just tormenting me! Dream thought. gasping and trying to regain his balance again. He stood back up and raised his shield, glaring at Techno from under his mask.

"I thought I told you to get rid of it," Techno said, nodding at the mask.

"I'll do what I want, thanks," Dream growled, holding his weapon tightly. Techno sighed and lashed out again, driving his blade into Dream's shield and cutting a deep line across it. Then he used his own shield and slammed it up against Dream's, knocking him back with such force he fell backward.

"Get up and actually fight me," Techno ordered, staring down at Dream through narrowed eyes. Dream hesitated for a moment before slowly getting to his feet and clutching his ax and shield tightly. "You can do better than that," Dream growled and swung his ax, driving it into Techno's shield and splitting the wood with the force. A few more swings and the shield would break, but the same went for Dream's shield. Techno used his shield again and slammed into Dream, knocking him against some guards who stumbled a few paces. Dream flung himself back and did the same thing, causing Technoblade to stagger back a few paces.

"You really are evil," Dream snarled. Techno's expression didn't falter and he spun around, using the force of the spin and his netherite blade to drive a deep gash onto Dream's arm. Dream cried out as blood started dripping from the wound and his green hoodie started to stain red in some places. He hissed under his breath and realized he wouldn't be able to use that arm anymore. He dropped his shield and passed his ax to his other hand, wincing again. Techno just stared at him like he was waiting for him to be ready again. He's just taunting me! Dream thought angrily. That's so mean! He stared down at his arm, pretending to examine the wound before spinning and managing to drive his ax deep into Techno's side. His armor defended him but the impact sent him staggering back a few paces.

"Nice trick," Techno hissed, turning and landing an equally powerful blow on Dream's chest plate. "But you've got to do better than that," Dream dodged another blow. Enough. He thought, swinging his ax directly at Techno's shield. The blade tore the wood in half and snapped the metal holding the wood in places and at once Techno was forced to drop the useless thing. The as Techno swung at him, Dream, met the blow with his ax and thrust backward with all his strength, knocking the blade out of Techno's grasp and glaring at him.

"Now you're disarmed and I have an ax," Dream hissed, his eyes narrowed. "I win,"

"Ah, you see," Techno said with a grin. "I've still got my feet," Dream was confused for a moment, and since he'd thought Techno had no last chance of winning he'd lowered his ax. Techno turned around and then jumped, his boot knocking Dream in the head with such force he saw stars for a split second. He gasped and dropped his ax, trying to stay conscious. Before he could fall over Techno grabbed the front of his sweatshirt and lifted him back up. Dream turned slightly as he heard someone yell his name and turned to see George struggling against the shields that the guards held. There was no getting past them and Dream sighed, looking back at Technoblade and trying to ignore the shooting pain in his head and arm.

"Monster," Dream spat, his voice ragged.

"Maybe," Techno agreed lowly. "No, probably." He added with a shrug. "But you want to know one thing, Dream?" Techno hissed.

"No," Dream growled. "I don't care what you have to say, just stab me," I swear, if he dismembers me- Dream pushed the thought away, not wanting to think about that.

"When God sends me to hell," Techno hissed, letting go of Dream and grabbing his sword. This is it. Dream thought, not bothering to move. "I want him to hesitate," Dream was about to say by killing him there would be no hesitation when God sent Technoblade to hell, but before he could, Techno turned and lashed out at something behind him. There was a gasp and then a few people froze and Dream saw someone fall over onto the ground, a deep wound cut into his neck.

"What the..." Dream muttered, confused as he realized the person was dead. Techno turned around and glared at the people who had been standing beside the man he's just murdered.

"Alright!" He yelled. "Stop fighting now!"