Chapter 11

Dream was standing in the middle of the woods. He didn't remember walking out there, but maybe he'd gotten there in his sleep. Dreams make you do weird things. He shrugged and continued walking forward until he realized where he was. He looked around, but something wasn't right. This is the forest just outside of the village. How did I get here? Dream slowly started toward the village. While I'm here... He wanted to make sure everyone was ok. If they weren't he didn't know what he'd do.

Sounds hit his ears at once and he stopped. Screams. No. He thought. No they're fine. This is my imagination. Dream shook his head but worry prevented him from turning and walking back to the arena. I need to see. I need to make sure they're ok. Dream headed forward, instantly regretting his decision. Houses were ablaze with fire, people were running around frantically and there seemed to be a big army standing in the center of the village.

"Kill them! Kill them all!" Dream recognized MrBeast's voice and froze, watching in horror as someone was grabbed and forced to the ground. He recognized BadBoyHalo and gasped as someone stabbed him with a sword.

"No!" Dream cried, running forward. Bad was already dead by the time he got there, his amber eyes glazed over in death. The guard who had stabbed him looked up and so did MrBeast.

"You came back," MrBeast hissed.

"Leave my friends alone!" Dream snarled, lunging forward and grasping the guard's sword. He spun around and knocked the man over before swinging at MrBeast but before his sword could make contact his vision blurred and suddenly he was standing in a fog-covered place. After a moment he realized he was back in the Beast Arena, surrounded by thick mist. Grey clouds floated by above his head and he looked around in confusion.

"Dream?" Dream turned and spotted George.

"You're alive!" Dream said, relieved. George shook his head and when Dream tried to touch his arm his hand passed right through him.

"Why didn't you come back and save us?" George said. "Everyone is dead now, why did you choose a murderer over us?"

"I- I didn't, you told me to go-" Dream started.

"But I thought you'd come back," George said. "You promised you'd come back," Dream was about to answer when another person came out of the fog.

"You failed us," Dream spotted Sapnap's amber gaze, he didn't look happy. "You ran away from your punishment and left us for Technoblade, how could you do that?"

"George said-" Dream started.

"I trusted you, Dream," Dream turned again and saw Bad come out of the fog. And then Antfrost, then Skeppy. "You left us all to die,"

"No- I- I didn't- George said to run so I ran," Dream stammered.

"You called me your friends," Dream heard a familiar voice and turned to see Tommy staring at him. "You said you trusted me, and I trusted you, Dream. You got me killed."

"And me," Tubbo appeared beside his friend.

"You failed us, you killed us all," Sapnap said.

"You're a traitor," George hissed. Dream backed away but he bumped into something and turned around. Technoblade stared at him from where he was standing.

"Just kill them all," He hissed. "They aren't worth this fuss, kill them, Dream," Dream noticed after a moment he was holding a sword and turned to look at his friends.

"Yeah, kill us again," Bad said. "We're already dead, why don't you just do it again?"

"I- I didn't kill you!" Dream said.