As Zain left his grip, Manik went towards his refrigerator and then came back to his friend to offer him some water to cool down. 

Zain sat on the couch as he took the water, he is so disappointed in Manik now. He knows Manik is rude inside and he built strong walls around himself so that no one can enter inside and make an impact on him, there is a reason. Manik is not a child who grew up with lots of love, it was very rare and as he grew up, he completely gave up on the concept of love itself. 

But again, he is different when he is with Nandini. He doesn't pretend in front of her, he is showing her his real ugly sides to whatever fucked logic he has in his mind but still he is being genuine with her. So, Zain has no idea why the hell is he torturing her.

"If you keep hurting her, one day, she will leave you and will never come back," Zain said after a long silence.

Manik also sat on the other side of the couch as he smiled painfully, "That's what everyone does, Zain. Every fucking one leaves, no one stays", he said. 

There is so much pain and anger building up in him, and he doesn't even know why that it is. he doesn't acknowledge the reason even though he knows why he is this irritated since he came back home from that date. Manik is feeling like there's a hole inside eating him up but still, stubbornly he doesn't want to know the reason.

At his answer, Zain left a sigh as he is tired of this shit, this Manik pushing anyone who comes close to him because he thinks they will leave him one day like everyone. 

"That because you never try to hold them back, start giving them a reason like why they have to be with you. If they're leaving, instead of letting them go away, just hold them and try to reach them. Nandini can't keep on reaching you all the time, people get tired of living like that. It's not one side, it should be from both sides", he said. This is what he wanted to say, he did.

"If they already decided to leave, why should I stop them", Manik argued like an asshole he is, this guy really knows how to make Zain angry.

Zain stood up and he looked down at Manik, pointing his finger towards him, "Because you are the one who is making them leave. You're a coward who is scared of getting hurt Manik, that's why you push people away before even giving them a chance", With that Zain left him alone storming of his place angrily as if he stays here one more second, he may attempt to murder his friend in his angry, not literally.

Manik sat there unmoved even though it's been long since Zain barged out after lecturing him. This is the first time ever this happened, till now, no one came to him and spoke like this, he never let anyone came this close to him. But Zain is allowed because he knows him. He is not a guy who will tolerate bullshit.

And he knows whatever Zain said is true, Manik is a fucking coward, he knows it. He just acts otherwise in front of others because he has to be perfect. If he lives his perfect life, no one will be bothered with him. 

But today he is just tired. 

It felt ridiculous when he didn't get angry earlier when Nandini punched him. No, instead he felt guilty. He saw her leaving him, didn't tried to stop her like Zain just said now. He never made any efforts from his side. It's always Nandini and he took it for granted. 

But that's not how he wants to be. He wants to show his real side to her and still, he wants her not to hate him. He wants Nandini to accept him whoever he is, to like his nasty side too. He doesn't want to pretend in front of her. He wants her like to him even after knowing he is not perfect. 

And she did, but this time he really messed up.

Manik stood up as realization dawned upon him and for once, he tried to think from her side. She doesn't know he has trust issues or why he is pushing her away way too much. She is just thinking that he is playing her, but he is not, yes, for a matter, he does like teasing her.