17. Come through

Inline comments are love, thank you :)

*****

Zain was on his way to the hospital after checking his patient, that kid is suffering from a chronic disease and he is getting treated from home because of family reasons. Anyhow since they are very much rich, all the conditions around him are maintained well. 

After doing his job, Zain got in his car to drive back to the hospital but then on the way he saw Nandini, he is sure that she is crying as she is walking on the footpath alone and before he can approach her, she got into the bus and he lost her. 

Zain got confused that maybe it's not her, Manik keeps his entire team on run instead of giving them breaks but that girl very much looked like Nandini.

When there was a red signal, He took his phone to call Navya instead of Nandini, just to confirm. After a quick questioning, he didn't tell her that he saw her crying in public looking devastated, no, he just told Navya that he saw someone who looks like Nandini. 

Navya just smiled at his curiosity, "She is free today, must be on a date with Dr. Manik guessing from what she told me yesterday", she said. Zain politely thanked her for the information and hang up the call.

His gut feeling told him that the reason behind Nandini's sad face, for sure it's Manik. That jerk really needs a lesson, he thought to himself. 

But unfortunately, his schedule packed till evening as he drove to the hospital. Zain informed his lover that he can't be with her tonight and they have to cancel tonight, as always Mukti agreed without asking him anything else, but he did promise her that he will tell her once he comes home. Pursuing Mukti was a hard task but he never regretted it, he is grateful for her existence in his life as she is the only one who trusts him and loves this much.

So, late in the evening, once he got free, Zain enquired a little and got information about where Manik lives in this city. He went to his house and of course, he is home.

Manik looked displeased as he opened his door only to look at his annoying friend, "What's up?", he asked.

Ignoring him, Zain walked inside and stood in the living room, "Today, did you go on date with Nandini?" he came straight to the point.

Because of his sudden question from his friend, Manik got confused as to how he knows but maybe Nandini told him as they already became close with each other. 

"Yes. Now, can you tell me the reason behind your sudden appearance at my doorstep?", he asked. Manik also not in the mood to play today, he is fucking tired.

"I saw her walking away on the road while crying and somehow, I already know you are the culprit", Zain answered as he looked at him as if he wants to punch him right now.

Manik had a slight crack on his lip, courtesy of getting punched by a junior doctor. But listening to Zain made him angry, "So?", he said throwing Zain a challenging look. 

Yes, he made her cry, and now getting questioned by his friend is making him even angrier.

Zain had enough as he took two steps forward and held Manik's shirt collar tightly, then looked at his eyes, "What the hell is wrong with you? What are you gaining in return by breaking that poor girl's heart?", he screamed at Manik on his face. 

He is really angry now and there is no way he is going to allow Manik to get away from this.

Manik said nothing to his friend's accusation, he also didn't even try to break free from Zain's tight grip that he has on him. He is letting him do whatever he wants and that's not who Manik is, Zain thought as he left Manik harshly and calmed himself. This is not how he wants things to be.