| An Act Of Empathy|

Chapter-13

|AN ACT OF EMPATHY|

Cold. That's all he felt. His heart which once was filled with so much warmth by her love was now reduced to a cold icicle that couldn't be thawed. It was all his fault. He had everything but he fucked it up real bad.

Ishaan took another sip from his drink. The liqour he ordered was the hardest and the one which had the most kick in that pub. The liquid burned down his throat,giving him satisfaction for a while but then again his heart started aching. Everytime,it was her tear stained face. The way she shivered when she saw him and the way she begged for money.

What have I done to her?

He ruined her. He destroyed her to a point that she now did prostitution. The thought itself made him sick. All he wanted to do was take a gun to his head and shoot himself. The woman he loved and broke. The woman he will ever love was now at a stage so miserable all because of him.

He felt the chair next to him being pulled and the seat being occupied. The strong masculine scent was enough for him to understand who it was.

"What?" Asked Ishaan annoyed and not ready to have a fight.

"You do realise that it's almost midnight isn't it? You should be home by now." Dev's familiar voice asked and all Ishaan did was let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"I thought you knew,brother. Men like us do not have a curfew. And I don't have a woman waiting for me at home,unlike you. It should be you who should be at home right now." With that Ishaan took another sip.

Dev clenched his jaw at the mention of Amulya. Oh how much he hated her!
"Let's go home. How long are you going to be like this? Spent the nights with strangers huh?"

"Go home without me. I really need to drink tonight." Ishaan said with a glint of sadness in his voice.

Dev sighed. He knew a bit about his brother's love interest. He still didn't know the girl or anything else,but what he did know was that the girl messed his brother up. He became a drunkard and an irresponsible chap because of that girl.

"Who is she?" Asked Dev out of the blue making Ishaan get caught off gaurd. His hand froze midway while drinking a d his abruptly turned his head to face his brother. Disbelief, shock,surprise. Most of all confusion.

How did he get to know?

This was the thought that ran in Ishaan's mind.

As if on cue,Dev started speaking not facing him but rather tracing his fingers along the designs of the glass of his drink. "Women leave. No matter what you do, they are going to leave as soon as they find someone new. It's their nature to leave once they have gotten everything from us."

"Alcohol has really gotten into your brain because you are not making any sense. What you speak is nothing but bullshit." Ishaan joked.

"Fine! I speak bullshit. But aren't you here now,living a miserable life just because a woman left?"

Ishaan got agitated at that. He tighted his grip on the glass angrily as Dev continued to speak, "Try denying it all you want, but truth is you got fucked up by a woman."

Next thing Ishaan knew,his fist collided with Dev's face. His face moved back,as blood oozed out from his nose. "Don't you dare say a word about her. You don't know her and you never will."

He paused trying to calm himselt down as he was gaining attention from the public. The last thing he wanted right now was tabloids publishing rumours that the Malhotra brother's are cat and dogs at each other. But Amaal meant everything to him. So much that for her he would do anything, be it fighting with his own brother or ruin his reputation in the public.