She winced as she caressed her sore wrists, quietly thanking him. 

Rick then pulled away from her and stood in the middle, "We gotta get them out of here." he pointed at the beaten up couple before looking at Aliya for a second. 

"Daryl." 

Daryl barely glanced at the man on the floor, focusing on watching their surroundings when the man spoke up again. 

"It was Merle." 

Her ears throbbed at the mention of the bastard's name. Anger flowed through her veins as her mind flashed with images of Merle and his contribution to fucking up her life. Unbeknownst to her, two pair of eyes have been watching her, gouging her reaction.

"He did this." 

Aliya's eyes shut tight as her whole body tensed in affliction. He did this. They did this. A tear escaped her eyes as images of the governor on top of her flashed in her mind. 

He did this. 

Flashes of Arden's corpse lunging at her formed a lump in her throat. 

They did this. 

Her eyes shot open violently as she pushed those thoughts away. She was slightly taken aback as two pair of eyes stared back at her. Her and the woman from before shared a look of understanding, the woman's gaze falling on the bloodied and torn jacked that Aliya was wearing. 

Aliya's heart clenched as she realised. 

They both suffered the same fate. 

"Rick I'm sorry, we told them where the prison was." 

Aliya tore her gaze away from the woman as Rick put a comforting hand on the man's knees, "No need to apologise." he tapped him twice before immediately going back to his position. Aliya perked up, "Prison?" she whispered to herself, her eyes twinkling as the dots finally connected. 

Everyone started standing up so she did the same, noticing that the beaten up man was having a hard time standing up. She inched close to him, "I can help." she wrapped her arm around his torso and used her other hand to pull at his arm to prop him up, nodding at the woman on his other side. 

==+==

Adrenaline coursed through her veins as her body jolted from the recoil of her gun. She was having a case of trigger finger as everywhere she aimed, a body dropped like a sack of rice.