THREE- You And Anita O'Malley- Just Platonic?

Several weeks later, John was standing in front of the mirror in the living room, finishing tying his tie while Anita was in the bathroom, pulling her hair back into a low bun. Sherlock popped his head into the bathroom to check on her. He smiled at her as she finished tying her hair back. She smiled back at him, but was still focused on her bun.

Anita had to dig to the bottom of her closet to find the black dress that she was wearing. It was a simple black dress, nothing super fancy but also very professional. Anita also managed to find some random pair of heels she had, and to be honest she had no idea where they came from or when she got them.

"You look nice," Sherlock complimented. Anita smiled brightly at him, looking into his eyes through the mirror.

"You're not too bad yourself," Anita replied, winking. He chuckled at her and reached a hand out to her, which she took. Using her hand as leverage, he pulled her closer to him. Anita sat her hand on his upper chest and smoothed out some wrinkles, then leaned up and kissed his cheek as she walked out of the bathroom, him close behind.

"Okay, you two, come on," John said as they walked into the living room. He smiled at them before he walked out the door and down the stairs. Anita sighed deeply before following, Sherlock walking behind her. John was at the front door and reached out for the handle before turning back to the couple.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yes," Sherlock answered and Anita nodded.

John opened the door and Anita was quick to notice the police officers trying to hold back the large crowd of journalists, who immediately started taking pictures of the trio and calling out questions. The police cleared a path for them and allowed Anita and the boys through to the waiting police car. John pointed Anita and Sherlock towards the nearest door of the car.

"Get in," he ordered. Anita felt Sherlock's hand on her lower back as he guided her into the car, before getting in as well. John went around the back and got in on the other side and the car pulled away, racing off with its sirens wailing.

As the car approached Trafalgar Square, John turned to Sherlock. Anita, once again, was settled in the middle of the two men. She was anxiously tapping her left heel on the floorboard.

"Remember-" John started to say, but Sherlock cut him off.

"Yes."

"Remember-"

"Yes," Sherlock repeated. John looked away in frustration before trying again, talking faster this time.

"Remember what they told you: don't try to be clever-"

"No," Sherlock said over him.

"...and please, just keep it simple and brief," John continued.

"God forbid the star witness at the trial should come across as intelligent," Sherlock replied.

"Intelligent, fine; let's give smartarse a wide berth," John said.

"I'll just be myself," Sherlock cut in.

"Are you listening to me?!" John asked, irritated. Anita chuckled at this and John gave her a pointed look.

"Anita," he whined, trying to get her to convince Sherlock to be on his best behavior. And her chuckles were just encouraging him.

"Sherlock, stop giving John a hard time and listen to him. Please," Anita requested, grabbing his hand with a smile. Sherlock glanced over at her and hummed a yes. John gave Sherlock an incredulous look; twelve words from Anita and he did what she said. Anita sent Sherlock a thankful smile before going back to tapping her heel on the floorboard.