Ch: 13

Lorrayne, come on, it's snowing!

     Emillia, one second, just let me stretch, I said, laughing.

     You're the one that wanted to see the snow so bad, now get up! 

     Yeah, but I didn't mean at 8am.

     Well, just hurry up! Emillia said, shaking me.

     Fine, fine, I'll meet you down there, I groaned, pulling the blanket over to my side. 

     Ok, love you babe, Emillia said, kissing me on the cheek.

     Love you too, I said, opening my eyes. 

     I reached under my pillow to make sure the ring was still there, I sighed with relief when I felt its soft velvet box. 

     Today's  the day Lorrayne.  I said.

     I got up and put my jeans, jacket, and boots on.

    Today's the day Lorrayne.

     I carefully slipped the box into my shirt pocket, careful not to make it too noticeable. I could feel my hands already shaking and the nerves already building.

     Don't throw up, Lorrayne. At least not now.

                                                                                      ~~~

     As I came down the crummy stairs of The Pinks I saw Emillia through the semi frosted windows already starting to build a snowman.

     I smiled to myself. How did I get so lucky?  I thought.

     Today's the day Lorrayne? Gavin asked, as I got out of the stairwell.

     I taped my shirt pocket, you know it Gav. I said.

     Don't be nervous, Lorrayne. You got this. Gavin said energetically, shooting me two thumbs up.

     Thank you, Gav, I said, pushing open the freezing cold glass door.

     There you are! Emillia smiled.

     Here I am, I said, nervously.

     You alright Lorrayne?

      Yep, all's good in Lorrayne's World. I smiled widely and unnatural.

     Whatever you say, babe, Emillia said, giving me a very quizzical look.

     So, uh, what are you doing, Emillia? I felt my heart racing, for a second I thought I might pass out.

     Building a snowman? Lorrayne, are you sure you're alright? You don't look well.

    Ok, Emilia, I'm just going to say it, I said, taking a shaky breath. I grabbed the ring out of my pocket and knelt down one knee, cringing at the cold snow.

    Oh, my god, Emilia said, covering her face with her hands.

    Emilia Sage David, will you make me the most happiest, proud, and lovestruck woman in all of existence and marry me?

    Rayn, I-I can't believe it .......ummm. 

   Emilia, it's alright if you say no. I said, praying to every god I know that she was going to say yes.