Chapter 117 alt: Eri isn't there (Bakudeku Fluff)

What if Eri didn't get there, and talking Izuku down was entirely on Bakugou?
Credit to art competition comic winner @not_just_a_friend_adrien (insta) for this idea!

A little on the short side, but Bakugou isn't a superfluous words kinda guy.

———

The sun was setting. It was quite pretty.
It had been easy to get into the apartment block. He'd taken the stairs which had taken the last of his physical strength, but he was here.
The air was cleaner, above the city smog, and everything felt so small...so insignificant.

Izuku noticed he'd stopped hyperventilating. His breathing steady and even his heart seemed to have slowed in acceptance. Only his eyes betrayed him. They were a window to the soul, and tears streamed down his cheeks, begging him to turn around. He'd always been such a stupid cry baby.

He gazed down at the cars crawling along the roads. They were like blood cells, the roads veins and arteries in the inorganic body humanity had built for itself. He was so small, one of those proteins that just hadn't been built right, just there messing up everything in a well organised system. It was better for everyone if he just self destructed. They'd be happier without him.

"IZUKU!"

His body felt numb as he turned to look at Bakugou.
"Sorry, I know what this looks like, but I was thinking about doing this long before you told me too Kaachan, it isn't your fault." He whispered, his voice throaty and tired, "Go...please let me do this."
"Please..." Bakugou looked terrified enough for Izuku to hesitate, and Bakugou leapt at the opportunity. "Talk to me. This looks a lot like you're doing what that stupid idiot past me said, and if you don't convince me otherwise, I'll jump off with you!"
It was a very backwards way of stopping Izuku, but Bakugou was a backwards person and it worked at least for now.

Izuku was gazing down at him from the ledge with red rimmed eyes. "You have to stay Kaachan...you're strong and you can be a great hero."
Bakugou cautiously stepped forward.
"You said it yourself Izuku," his throat was dry and his voice shook. "Back in that damned clearing...My life is worth nothing to me, and my body even less of I can't save someone who matters to me. Please... you matter more to me than anyone else in this stupid fucking place. I won't stay a moment longer without you in it."

The blond had reached the ledge by this point, and, trying to hold Izuku in place with his eyes, he got up to join him. Izuku moved to create more distance between them, but before he could, Bakugou took his hands in his own.
There were tears building in his vermillion eyes.
"I have been in love with you, you shitty nerd probably since the day we met. I don't give a damn if you have that crazy ass quirk or not," the blond squeezed Izuku's hands in his own. "Nothing I ever achieve will have meaning if you aren't there to see it...please...please Izuku, stay with me."

The greenette sobbed, eyes scared, "y-you really don't care?"
Though reluctant to let go, Bakugou mustered his courage to release Izuku's right hand and cup one of those round cheeks. "You idiot, I loved you before either of us even knew you had the damn quirk. It never mattered to me, despite all the stupid shit I said."
"You l-love me?" Izuku whispered it, so quiet Bakugou could barely hear it over the cars below.
He swallowed his nerves, studiously ignored the fact they were on the ledge of a twenty story building, and leant forward, pressing his lips to Izuku's.
The greenette relaxed to his relief, and when he reciprocated Bakugou's heart felt like it was bursting.

The romantic mood was killed when the pair moved to get more passionate and Bakugou took a step too near the edge. His loss of balance resulted in them both doing a cartoon-esque balancing act before thankfully falling the right way onto the roof patio, a tangle of bodies.
The blond held Izuku tightly in his arms, breathing in his hair, and overwhelming relief flooded him.
"Never do that again, yeah? You're dating me now, so first rule is tell me about anyone who makes you unhappy and I'll kill them."
"You can kill depression, Kaachan?" Asked the greenette into his collar bone. There was a smile in his voice.
Bakugou smirked, relieved that his assumption hadn't overstepped the mark. He replied confidently, "you know how good my Katsudon is Izu."
Izuku giggled, crawling up his chest to kiss him deeply as a distant aeroplane sounded over head.

An irritated cough brought them back to the present, and they broke apart to see a furious Aizawa standing over them, covering Eri's eyes, with a gobsmacked Shinsou in tow.
As Izuku got up and started begging his father for mercy, Bakugou sent a smirk the insomniac's way before hastily following Izuku's lead.
Bakugou was a confident guy, but there were few people that terrified him more than Aizawa...especially when the hero was acting in a parental capacity.