The Rewind Quirk: Part 4

After Bakugou left, lunch was tense. Izuku was sad thinking he'd done something wrong, but Shoto distracted him by introducing everyone and their quirks which the young kid began to analyse, once Aizawa told him as a hero, that curiosity, speaking without being spoken to, and rambling were all okay.

Afterward, Yaoyorozu resolved to do something about his clothing.
"What would you like?" She asked, bending a little to smile warmly at Izuku. The child was sat on Aizawa's lap on the sofa playing with Shoto's 'pretty hair'. The teen was sat on the floor, back against Aizawa's legs so Izuku could play with it, happy to make the kid happy.

At the question, Izuku immediately retracted his hands from the bicoloured hair, watching her warily as if prepared for some trick. "I'm fine like this miss." He said, avoiding eye contact. "Worn these for two years...they're...they work great."
Yaoyorozu backed away a little, they all noted how the distance made Izuku relax, his small fingers curling back into Shoto's hair. "I've been designing some outfits for kids for my family's company," she tried, continuing even when Izuku flinched at the term family. "I'd be really grateful if you'd try one on?"
The green haired child bit his lip, torn between avoiding the interaction and not being able to refuse someone in case they hurt him. She did say it was only to help her though...Izuku liked helping. "Okay...miss."
"Please call me Momo?" Asked Yaoyorozu softly.
"Okay, Momo-san."
Shoto chuckled making Izuku jump.

"Alright." Yaoyorozu unbuttoned her shirt a little and thought hard before creating an All Might onesie. Izuku would look adorable in it, and Katsuki had said something about the pair of them being big fans when they were younger.
She offered it, the class president watching closely for his reaction.

At the sight of the onesie, yellow bunny ears and all, Izuku froze up, colour draining from his face as he shook. "M-m-miss....Ya-Momo-s-san....m'sorry..."
He was starting to have a panic attack and Aizawa immediately turned the kid round so they were eye to eye, and the offending item was out of view. "Izuku...you're okay, you're safe, you're loved, I've got you and you'll never be hurt again so breathe with me, okay."
The child nodded, as Shoto casually incinerated the offending item, the group all confused and horrified.

Izuku panted, trying his best to do what the hero told him though every time he caught his breath he apologised repeatedly until he lost it again. "M'sorry...sorry...I'm really sorry sir...sorry Momo-san...sorry..."
"Hey kid." Aizawa stroked his hair as best he could, wincing at the feel of the matted hair under his fingers. "You're okay...we don't mind..."
Izuku sniffled, "she...she said she'd kill me if I said his name...l-let alone..."
"Oh Izuku..." sighed Aizawa, pulling him close and sending a reassuring look Yaoyorozu's way. She'd meant well, but she had no idea how to handle this situation.
"N-not that I ever want to anyway..." mumbled Izuku unexpectedly.

Aizawa looked down at the kid curiously, "why?"
"I wanted to be a hero..." whispered Izuku softly. "They were hitting this boy...purple hair...said he had an evil quirk...anyone with a quirk is lucky and nothing is evil...it depends how you use it! But they were hurting him so bad..."
The entire group looked at Hitoshi, his shocked expression answering their question.
Izuku was too angry to realise he was rambling, clutching onto Aizawa tightly. "I told them to stop! They threatened to beat me too but then this skinny old blond man intervened and they ran away...but when we explained what had been going on, he seemed to regret helping, I told him All M-that a hero would never have regretted stopping bullying!...but when I was walking home that hero appeared....told me bullying was important...taught the weak where they belong..stopped people with bad quirks tainting the hero world...I...I hate him...."

Bakugou growled and Izuku flinched, turning to him with startled eyes. "I knew that All Might was a bastard but you never told us that."
The greenette's eyes widened, "I probably had a reason! Please forget about it...I...I don't want to mess up..."
"You won't." Said Hitoshi softly, "and thank you for saving me back then Izuku. I became a hero student too thanks to you standing up for me."
The greenette blinked at him, "it's you...same pretty eyes..."
Hitoshi flushed and Jirou chuckled.
Momo coughed uncertainly, and Izuku turned apologically to her only for his eyes to widen sparkling with excitement as she held out an Eraserhead onesie. And if Aizawa gave her one hundred percent in their next surprise test, well that was his business.

The quirky adventures of Aizawa IzukuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara