"Mia, go to bed,"Mom said.

"It's eight o' clock," Mia said.

"Then go to your room," Mom said.

Mia scoffed and left the kitchen.

"Maybe you other kids will have to go to your room too while we figured this out," Dad said.

I nodded my head and went downstairs. My head is spinning so fast. First, Malcolm outed me. Then my parents found out that I'm gay, even before I came out to them. What has this day gotten into?

I went to my room and plopped down on my bed. I can't help but feel scared what people commented on the picture; they can be homophobic.

I grabbed my phone and I see I got a few text messages from my friends. They're either worried about me or asking me if I seen the picture. I was about to answer one of the texts when the phone started to ring. Brian's calling me.

"Brian?" I said when I answered.

"Chris?" I could hear Brian sobbing.

"Brian, why are you crying?" I asked.

"Did you see the picture of us?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I am," I said.

"No, no you're not." He cried harder.

"Brian, what's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing. I...I need to come over at your house at midnight."

"Wait. Why?"

"I just wanna see you, okay? I have to go."

"Brian, wait-" But of course he hung up. I tried to call him back, but he didn't answer. He probably called me during his break.

What was that? Why would he think I'm not okay? Well, I'm not exactly okay, but I'm not exactly hurt either. I guess I'm doing 50/50.

Midnight. What the hell I'm going to do until midnight? I'm going to get bored by then. I don't understand how people can stay up past midnight.

I looked at the time. 8:10. I got three hours and fifty minutes until Brian gets here. The only thing I can think of doing right now is playing Angry Birds on my phone.

9:00

I got bored playing Angry Birds and did my homework. We are now reading The Tales of Two Cities for English and it's also boring. I finished my book report and did my math and history assignment. I tried to read the Harry Potter book Paul got me for my birthday, but I couldn't read it. How the hell can people read this damn book?

My head keeps replaying the phone conversation Brian and I had. What was the sobbing about? It could be about the picture, but I could feel it's something else.

10:00

Mom came into my room and told me 'Good night' with a sympathetic look on her face. I know she's making that look because of the picture, but I don't need any sympathy right now; I'm too busy worrying about something else.

I put my pajamas on and sat down on my bed. I dont know what to do right now. I only have a couple of hours until Brian gets here. What do people do late at night?

I grabbed my phone and my computer off my desk. I'll probably watch the live action version of Aladdin. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I only watch it because I love Will Smith-and I think Mena Massoud is really good looking.

I only gotten into half of the movie before stopping it. My mind keeps thinking about today.

I tried to call Brian again, but he didn't answer. I'm so worried about him right now. I tried not to cry thinking about it.

11:00

One hour to go.

I couldn't help myself, but I went back to the picture to look at the comments to see what people wrote. Surprisingly, people are pissed at Malcom.

Seriously, Malcom? I can't believe you did something like this.

What's wrong with you?

First Brian, and now Chris? You should be ashamed of yourself.

There is one that caught my eye.

Are you trying to make Chris end up like Elliott?

Elliot? Who's Elliott? How come I never heard of this guy before? Is there something going on I don't even know about?

12:00

Finally, it's midnight. Brian will be here. I got off my bed and went upstairs. I turned the living room light on and wait for Brian to show up. I wrapped my arms around myself. I'm so nervous. What does Brian even want?

Brain showed up. I opened the door to let Brian in.

"Chris, are you okay?" He wrapped his arms around me.

"Brian, I'm fine," I said.

"No, you're not. Don't lie to me, Chris." He started to cry.

"I'm not lying, Brian. Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not."

I pulled myself away from him. "Let's go downstairs."

When we got to my room, we both got on my bed. Brian grabbed me and put me on his lap.

"Brian...?"

"Chris, you can't be okay. You can't be."

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"Because of what Malcolm did. You can't be okay." He cried harder.

"Brian, just calm down," I said.

"How can I calm down, Chris? You could probably get beaten up or worse: you might hurt yourself!" he yelled.

"Brian, you're scaring me," I said.

Brian put his head on my chest and cried there. I ran my hand through his hair.

"Brian, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I...I..." He grabbed onto my shirt.

"Brian, just tell me what's wrong. Please."

He looks up at me. His eyes are red from all the crying and tears are coming down his face.

"Do you really want to know?" he asked.

I nodded my head.

He took a deep breath. "Okay. I'll tell you everything."

♥️♥️♥️

What's going on with Brian? Find out in the next chapter.