Characters Introduction

*This doesn't correlate with the timeline of the actual story*

"Are you really going to let me do this alone?" I ask, the tallboy sitting on the floor to the side.

"I don't have much to say, " he says shrugging his shoulders.

"It doesn't matter, you don't have to say much, " I say watching as he plays with his rings staying silent.

"Please, I don't want to do this alone, it will feel too much like a job interview and that makes me anxious, " I say smiling at him as a means to convince him to say yes.

"Okay, fine, " he says as he looks around before coming to take a sit on the empty chair next to me.

"Thank you!" I say putting a hand on my chest.

I pull down my dress a bit and fix my hair as the boy next to me fidgets in his seat.

"Hello, thank you for joining us, " the interviewer says, taking a seat across us.

"Hi, I'm Chloe, nice to meet you, " I say extending my hand towards her.

"And I'm Ian, " the boy next to me says nodding.

"Nice to meet you Chloe and you, Ian, " she says looking at him.

So, let us start easy, yeah? Do you two know each other, are you friends?

"Yes and no, " Ian says.

"We're still in the process of getting to know each other but I think we're heading towards been friends one day. I mean we're neighbours, so we do see each other a lot, " I explain crossing my legs.

Let's stay within the easy category for this one as well. What's one thing you want but can't have?

"I wouldn't call this question easy, " he says.

"I want a pet pigeon that I'll call Josh, " I say as the entire room falls into silence.

"What?" I ask them, shifting my gaze from the interview to Ian.

"Oh my God, " I hear Ian whisper under his breath as the interviewer chuckles.

"What about you?" I ask Ian, wanting to escape this awkward situation.

"It's a tricky question. I can think of a lot of things other people would've said but for me, I honestly don't know. So, I don't have an answer to that, " Ian says readjusting his position.

You both recently started your first year in university, how is that going? Is university life what you expected it to be?

"Kinda, is tiresome and boring so, yeah, " he says.

"Not at all! People make it seem like these are going to be the best years of your life when they're definitely not. Some modules aren't as interesting or exciting and some lecturers aren't great. You need to have that something to be able to teach people things and not many professors have that. The assignments are challenging as well even though this is our first year, I hate to imagine how it's going to be next year. Also, there's not much time for going out and partying and meeting new people, " I say tucking my hair behind my ear.

I see, you both still live with your parents, have you thought about moving into student accommodation?

"No, there's no reason for my parents to be paying extra money for me to live two blocks closer to uni, " Ian says before taking a sip of his water bottle.

"Yeah, same but also my brother didn't have a good experience with living in university accommodation so that also put me off, " I say.

How so?

"Well, he was sharing a kitchen and living space with 5 people, thankfully he had his own shower in his room but yeah, he didn't click well with anyone. They were all loud and party animal people and they drank a lot and my brother isn't like that at all so. The kitchen was also constantly a mess, they weren't cleaning after themselves or after they throw a party or anything. They weren't considered of the other people living there, " I say playing with my necklace.

Oh, that's unfortunate. Anyways moving on, I want to touch a bit more on the family topic. Do you think you can choose your family or do you think that blood, water doesn't become? 

"I think you can choose. It really depends on everyone's situation. You might have great loving parents but you might also have awful parents, I wouldn't expect anyone to consider their awful parents family, " I say turning to look at Ian expecting his answer.

"I agree with Chloe. You can definitely choose your family. There's a lot of people out there that consider their friends for example their true family, I am one of them, " he says.

Very well, let's close this interview more lightly. What do you do in your free time to relieve stress?

"Paint, or cook, so I guess doing anything you like or are passionate about," Ian says already getting ready to leave.

"Going out and taking photos with my camera, listening to music and reading a book or having a relaxing warm shower. Exercise, but who am I kidding I never stick to doing that for long even though I want to," I say chuckling.

"Okay, I think that's all the time we have for today. Thank you very much for your time and answers. Have a lovely evening and who knows maybe we'll see each other again one day, " the interview says smiling at us.

"Thank you, have a great day as well," I say standing up and putting on my jacket before taking a few sips of my water.

"Have a nice evening," Ian says throwing his bag over his shoulder.

Well, this went better than I expected and I'm pretty sure the boy next door is thanking God that this is over, even though it didn't take that long.

I turn around once I grab my bag and see that the boy is already gone, damn, he really hated it didn't he?

I thought it was pretty good and chill but I guess he thought otherwise.

Oh well, time to go back home...

A/N

Let the journey to love begin...