"That's the kicker," said Taehyung, his own eyes mirroring his wife's. "It's a couple of Hunters. But not just any Hunters. We know one of them."

Sunny rose from her seat. "No. He let us go! Why would he return?"

Taehyung shrugged. "The Hunter Society doesn't like to leave loose ends. So either they are making him clean up his twenty-year-old mess, or he's rejoined them."

Sunny sat back down, and her head dropped into her hands. Taehyung moved behind her and gently massaged her shoulders.

"I know seeing this guy again might bring up a lot of bad memories, so I want you and Jaci to stay put. Jungkook and I will handle these Hunters."

"Who is this Hunter guy?" asked Jaci. She felt lost in the conversation.

Sunny shook her head and leaned up, looking at Jaci with glossy red eyes. "He worked with Professor North. They were trying to find a cure for vampirism. We met him during the time Tae turned me."

Her hand slid upwards to grasp Taehyung's wrist. He leaned down and kissed her head.

"He helped us, begrudgingly. But because Professor North trusted him, we did as well. However, by the end of our time there in Oklahoma, he was fighting his Hunter instincts to kill us all." Taehyung finished speaking and kissed Sunny's hair once more, then walked over to the kitchen window. His eyes kept scanning the landscape.

"I just can't believe Derrick would come all the way here. Why? He had no desire to join the Hunter Society again. Not after what they did to his lover."

"I'm sorry, what is his name again?" Jaci felt a cold shiver run down her spine.

"Derrick Fenton. He was a specialist in-"

"No," whispered Jaci.

"Are you okay? You're getting paler," said Sunny. She stood up and moved over to Jaci, placing a cool hand against her forehead.

"Derrick Fenton is my professor," said Jaci, her eyes wide with horror.

Sunny froze. "The one who made it possible for you to come here?"

Her tone became icy, and she backed up from Jaci a few steps. Jungkook caught on to her tone of voice and spoke up.

"Wait a minute, noona. You can't be thinking that Jaci was sent here to spy on us."

Taehyung turned around and looked at Jungkook and then Jaci.

"It's too much of a coincidence, Jungkook. Think about it." Sunny backed up further, and her angry stare made Jaci want to melt into the ground and disappear.

"He didn't want me to come. I begged him to let me come here. He was afraid something would happen to me," Jaci rattled off. She suddenly felt vulnerable as the only human in the room.

"Hyung, I don't think she's lying," protested Jungkook.

"Your judgment is clouded," murmured Taehyung.

Jungkook let out a heavy growl. "What does everyone else seem to know that I don't? I don't think my judgment is clouded at all! I believe her! If he cared about her so much, why would he send her here alone and then follow with another Hunter? Wouldn't he make sure she was far away and safe before they started killing us?"

"What if he doesn't have a choice, Jungkook? What if he has to follow orders regardless of who is here? Not to mention, this girl has been bit by a werewolf. If she becomes one, he will want to kill her too!" Sunny's voice raised as she spoke.

"We don't know if that will happen," retorted Jungkook.

"We will in a few weeks when the full moon hits. Maybe then you won't be so ignorant to things."