She put the bottle back in its place as she proceeded to tell herself that she does not need her nor her love. She is grown up now and has everything anyone could ask. Between the two of you, she definitely had made the better choice.

Or so she liked to believe.

---change of set---

You were still in a bit of a daze as you had just finished helping Jin to put Jimin's body lay on the bed after he had dropped unconscious.  Whatever was that he injected him with proved to have been very strong as he had dropped in a matter of minutes right before your eyes, leaving you speechless and shocked.

Despite your condition, however, when Jin had asked of you to help him untie him and carry him, you had not hesitated and now that you were done with the task and were standing at the side of Jin by the end of the bed, watching of Jimin's figure as if he was under surveillance.

"Em...Can I like...Am I supposed to be allowed to even know, what was that?" You spoke hesitantly as something inside you was telling you that maybe you would be better off without knowing.

"Obviously you are  not but we both know you have seen more than you should have." Jin turned and looked at you, his gaze along with his words bringing you a sense of burden as well as alertness which made you take two steps at the side and put some safe distance from him.

"If you plan on killing me so I will never speak of this to anyone, I have to warn you that I have a black belt." You warned him and he couldn't help but leave a smile tag upwards on his plump lips.

"The only place you have a black belt at is your garderobe miss. You don't have to lie. I have already done a background check up on you." Your eyes grew wide as your brain proceeded his words, soon washing you over with an emotion of anger that was visible in your face.

"That's illegal! I will sue you!"

"I will keep my knowledge to myself as long as you keep yours to yourself as well Miss." He shrugged his shoulders as he gazed at you with a rather innocent gaze that left you thinking that this man sure was not someone that plays games unprepared.

He was blackmailing you since he knew that you had no evidence anyway. All you had was your memories and some assumptions over Jimin that were not looking that normal so far and that was all, while he, on the other hand, he had documents and your whole life in a file. Memories that had caused you heartbreak. A Pain that felt too personal to you for strangers to know.

"I didn't plan on saying anything to anyone anyways. I may tend to find out the secrets of others unintentionally but I never took advantage of that you know. I believe in the right of someone to keep their issues private." You argued truthfully and Jin ended up leaving a small giggle that made you throw him a confused gaze, as you didn't consider any of your words funny.

"Are you sure about that? Cause last time I checked, you were someone who was willing to expose Jimin for a dating scandal."

"Huh!" You scoffed as you threw your eyes towards the sleeping Jimin for a moment then back at Jin. " He sure doesn't keep anything for himself, does he? Anyways, that was an exception but I don't need that anymore. I have a better case now that I need to unravel. You have nothing to worry about. I am on your team." 

You spoke confidently as it was the truth that your priority now was to find the person that was after him and was trying to involve him in any kind of scandal to harm him. Exposing that person and the situation between the actor and that mysterious threat to him was going to be more than a great headline. The only thing left was for you to discover that person and you would have your dream right in the palm of your hands. Years of work and agony, sleepless nights and tears, torturing thoughts and helpless feeling were to be finally brought to an end and a justice.

"I will be honest with you Miss Y/N..." Jin took a step closer to you, making you throw your eyes around for a moment out of nervousness.

"Unlike that hopeless emotional guy over there, I don't trust people easily. However, I am willing to give you a fair chance to prove to me that you indeed are on our side." He kept approaching, making you take some steps back as he was getting way too into your personal space. Your distancing actions however didn't seem to halt him as he continued approaching till you ended up with your back against the glass door of the balcony.

"Em....I- Excuse me but, can you like...leave my personal space alone." You ended up blurring out your thoughts of the moment and Jin smiled right before he crossed his arms over his chest, his feet finally coming to a halt.

He sure was satisfied with your reaction and the fact that you seemed intimidated and someone who speaks honestly even under an amount of mild pressure.

"I am willing to let you in some classified information for as long as you guarantee to me that you will use it only for his benefit." 

"What?"

"I trust whatever that ability of yours to find secrets is Miss Y/N. So you make sure to find whoever is after him and keep me updated about everything and I will find for you the answer to the most burning question you have in life." His offer left you speechless for a moment as you could tell that he meant every single word that got out of his mouth.  Words that had brought the atmosphere around you to feel a bit heavy and your breath to become a bit strained. 

"And what-what do you think is the question I want to know most in life?" Your hands tights up into small fists as you managed to let out those words, feeling scared to hear what was really going on in your mind.

Jin looked at you straight in the eyes for a bit then leaned a bit closer near your ear, the proximity making your body freeze in place as you wouldn't like to come in touch with him in any way at that certain instant.

"Was he cheating on her that night too? Was he really with his mistress while my mother was dying in a hospital bed. Even when he knew, even though I called him, why did he came so late?" Jin's voice echoed in your ears like the whisper of a devil, speaking the sentences he had guessed that may have crossed your mind on that night that you had lost your mother and you were the only one at her side.

"I can give you the answer to those torturing for you questions Miss Y/N. I can determine the image of your father for you, once and for all." He leaned away in order to look at your eyes again and once he did so, he realised that there laid a veil of fear inside you. For he was your father and despite how much you disliked him so far there laid a fine line between dislike and hate that you had still not crossed for him, inside your heart and if those questions were to be answered and it was what you always thought of then you were scared that you would really end up crossing that line and you would be left feeling hate for him.

"Just protect Jimin at all costs. Be his shield against whoever is that is after him and I promise you Miss Y/N. I am willing to give you anything your heart may desire."

---To be continued.....