Event Probability

Start from the beginning

Ianuli's General Staff knew that; Even with an extension of the man responsible for murdering Her Highness Emilia, they knew that. But as the man responsible for their arrival, Ianuli cleared his throat and propped a smile as though the revelation was nothing.

"Greetings, emissary. I thank Hero Erich for accepting my call for dialogue."

"And the Hero wishes to extend his thanks for ensuring the women and children's living conditions."

"Of course, it's natural," so there may be respite lest the Salaian people suffer as retaliation. "I'm sure you've traveled far, so shall we reconvene after a moment's rest? We have prepared rooms and amenities for your stay."

"We appreciate it, General."

As the servants led the group out of the room, Ianuli heaved a sigh. With that, he's brought more time.

***

Plenary Chamber, Ministry of Security, Cascadia

A massive antenna array on the cliff overlooking the capital over the sunken terrain; Cables running down the cliff, dug to the ground, resurfacing from the lake and rising to utility poles connected to the Ministry powering, transmitting, and receiving radio waves.

Upgrades, Improvements, a Level Up, nothing seemed to surprise everyone with the flexibility of the Hero's Residence.

Under the cool breeze of an HVAC system and power of solar panels à la ancient Tower Defence Hero that's begging for reverse-engineering, information from the frontline gets compiled into what became to the plenary chamber of the Federal Assembly. Wireless telegraphy and radiotelephony, staff coming in and out sporadically with thick sheets of paper off for analysis, briefing and debriefing in clockwork. Truly the nerve center of the Ministry of Security.

At the more secluded side on the second floor lies a transmitter and receiver, the latter buzzing in amplitude modulation waves until a great distortion of its endless static began.

"Demands are one thing, but supplying them food for the winter is another," came the Minister's voice.

There's not an ounce of doubt in Goldstein's mind that the Minister would permit coating the town with phosgene and reverse the roles if he got his way. Even if he did, he wouldn't sound remorseful enough with the Duke of Estrier listening as the Kingdom representative next to her.

"Contingencies around the Northern Bulwark involve poisoning their food supplies in case of a successful breach. However, the massive information leak coupled with testimonies and evidence in Ainsob suggests they've brought their own. The General did not specify for whom his demand was for, but we can consider the amount may be for the residents."

A pause followed. "They're stalling us."

"Most likely."

Finch pressed on his microphone. "We can pull the 1st Special Warfare Company and have them at Vitrosart in two days."

"I'll have the 2nd Special Warfare Company and the Medical Service ride in half a day. I want the incident compartmentalized to a miracle. Everyone, Your Grace."

Goldstein's eyes seemingly drooped as she caught a word so simple yet so definitive before the Minister's voice fizzled out into radio garble.

"Will do, Minister. Please take care."

With the communications over, the Duke of Estrier recapitulated. "I understand we will still proceed with the same framework and procedure, but I'm afraid we're ill-informed of this miracle the Minister mentioned, Vice Minister, Director."