Hate-Kissing

The two boys and their sensei began the small trip to the Hokage's mansion, prepared to learn what the aforementioned emergency crisis could be. They were told to grab all of their gear and anything else they needed.

This better be important. I don't understand why Kakashi can't just tell us what's going on. Sasuke thought, staying right beside Naruto as they ran.

"Can't believe this... Stupid sensei spying on us like that..." Sasuke could hear Naruto mumbling under his breath. It wasn't very quiet, but then again, it was Naruto. Sasuke sighed.

"Naruto. It happened. He's creepy. We already knew that. He was bound to find out sometime, as weird as he is." Sasuke spoke, attempting to comfort Naruto in his own little way. With as sneaky as Kakashi is, he was bound to find out pretty quickly. He already knew, probably.

Naruto rolled his eyes. "I know that! I just- I just-" He stuttered.

"You just what? You just are embarrassed?" Sasuke teased him. The smallest of smirks was present on his face as they continued to run. What a mischievous smirk.

"No! Well- maybe a little bit, but- just shut it!" Red grew on top of his whiskered cheeks. Sasuke glanced to the side and saw his adorable expression.

"I don't know, Naruto. I think he might be onto you." Kakashi said in a monotonous voice.

Naruto groaned in frustration. "You're both horrible!!" He yelled, now attempting to run faster than both of them to get away.

They soon made it to the hokage's mansion. The three of them rushed in. Naruto busted the door open to her office.

"Grandma! What's going on? What do you need us for so late?" He looked extremely worried. Before, when they were running, he grew more anxious with every step. Sasuke noticed this and moved closer to him, hoping it would be some kind of comfort. Tsunade had a serious expression on her face.

"Naruto, Sasuke. Do you have all of your gear with you?" She asked. She was practically buried in a mountain of paperwork. More than usual. The boys glanced at each other for a second, then turned their attention back to the hokage.

"Yes." They both answered. Tsunade sighed and nodded.

"Good. I'm afraid you two will be heading out again." Her voice sounded regretful. Naruto's face changed from worry to anger within seconds.

"What?! Can someone please just tell us what's going on?" He raised his voice. Sasuke didn't say a word, but he shared Naruto's anger. Why can't someone just tell them what's going on?

Kakashi, who was positioned behind the boys, gave Tsunade a nod. Almost like he was there to help her share some bad news. She looked prepared to give it.

"Sakura and Shikamaru have gone missing. They've been gone for about 15 hours now. We have no idea where they are, but we have a lead. Two nin have appeared to travel towards the south-west." Tsunade spoke in a very serious tone. The boys give each other another look, but Sasuke quickly looked back at her.

"Towards the Land of Wind." Sasuke spoke. Tsunade nodded at him.

"Are you- are you sure? Maybe they went on a mission and just forgot to tell yo-" Naruto tried to reason, but he was swiftly interrupted.

"We've also received reports about suspicious and off-putting behavior coming from them. We've received... several. I'm sure, Naruto." She closed her eyes and turned her head downwards. She was obviously worried. She was worried for the village and for the two missing shinobi.

"I'm assuming you want us to track them." Sasuke stated in a blank tone. Tsunade nodded.

"I don't just want you to. I need you to. You both know them better than anyone. This is just speculation, but we're thinking this also has to do something with the nin that kidnapped Naruto. You both dealt with them firsthand." She reasoned. Sasuke lowered his brow.