Chapter 20

We arrived to work early and put our stuff in an extra room upstairs, once we went back down L turned on all the computer screens and that's when I saw her

Famous popstar Misa Amane was strapped to a chair like setting with her face covered. My jaw dropped, she shouldn't be locked up like that. I looked at L and he faced the computers showing a small smile. Not long after everyone arrived besides Light which was good for me, I was afraid to see him.

"We are so glad to have you back with us Y/N!" Matsuda says excitedly, I smiled at him "Yes you've been pretty useful lately." Aizawa said joining into the conversation, that's when Light entered the building with his head down. "Ryuzaki, I would like to be put in confinement, if you really think that I'm Kira the only way to prove it is to lock me up with no outdoors, no contacts, and you can watch me 24/7." He said "I think that's a good idea alright then you'll be put in confinement." He replied, Light slowly rose up his head staring at me, the sadness in his eyes made me want to cry I couldn't do anything but look away, back to the computers that were now turned off.

" He replied, Light slowly rose up his head staring at me, the sadness in his eyes made me want to cry I couldn't do anything but look away, back to the computers that were now turned off

The taskforce members guided Light to a secret location within headquarters where he would be put behind bars. I kept my head down while L approached me, until Soichiro cleared his throat as he was about to tell everyone his information.

"I know I said I would do this case no matter what, but I can't stand my son being the prime suspect in this investigation. I'll have to excuse myself due to my personal feelings towards this case and Light." He explained "But chief!" Matsuda said worriedly "There may be a way you can keep your job and continue this case, you will be in confinement as well, but unlike Light you get to keep your cellphone on and I will update you on everything that is going on and as for your family Light will not know you're in confinement and neither will your wife or daughter, just tell them you'll be staying at work for important deeds. Once Light comes out of confinement you will as well, does that sound like a good plan?" L said stuffing his face in the cake that was brought to him earlier.

"I can do that, thank you Ryuzaki." Soichiro said the members looked happy as their chief was not leaving the investigation soon enough he was also under surveillance like Light and Misa were.

" Soichiro said the members looked happy as their chief was not leaving the investigation soon enough he was also under surveillance like Light and Misa were

We watched them for a week or so the killings stopped while Light was in confinement and I was so surprised. I really started to think he was Kira because everything as of now pointed to him, and as for Misa Amane she continuously talked to herself begging for someone or something to kill her but soon her attitude completely changed. I don't think she remembers why she's here, she's kind of an idiot, I don't understand why someone would like her especially Light.

Watari handed L and I some cake and sat at a nearby chair. "Are you enjoying your place miss Y/N" he asked I nodded taking a bite out of the cake "Yes thank you Watari." L looked confused "How do you know about her place?" He asked, Watari looked towards me as I haven't told L the real reason I left yet I looked down and he stood up and walked away now I had to tell L why I left.

"It's because...he got it for me." I said he still looked confused "What do you mean I thought you moved here on your own." I played with my fingers slowly looking back up at him "Well the thing is, when I got back home from leaving wammys, my dad had got a girlfriend and seemed to look a lot better but late at night he would constantly watch me sleep and try to enter my room, and when his girlfriend went to work he tried to touch me in various ways and I couldn't tell anyone because he threatened to hurt me so the only thing I could do was run. I grabbed the home phone and dialed the orphanage number and Watari picked up I told him everything." I explained he just stared at me, his face telling me to continue "He asked if I wanted to talk to you and the boys but I didn't want to worry you guys I just needed to get away so Watari and I came up with a plan to move me to Japan so I could study at my dream school. The next day when my father went to work I packed up and left meeting him at the alley we first met all those years ago, where I first met you. He picked me up and took me to wammys, I slept in his room while he slept in his office which I felt bad but I didn't want you guys to know I was there, the next day I left early took a plane to Japan and one of Wataris workers lead me to my place I'm in now along with a phone he got with all of your numbers, but as time went by I got a new phone and lost your guy's contacts." I finished, I didn't know whether to add the part where I saw L while at wammys but he would probably be upset I didn't approach him but I could see in his eyes he already looked somewhat disappointed in me his sorrowful eyes he gave me were the same eyes he gave me that night I left.

"Why didn't you tell me you could have stayed with me." He looked down his thumb up to his lip "I didn't want to worry you, I'm sorry." I responded, he turned away from me and quietly went back to work. I looked down filled with regret I probably should have told him at the time.

𝐴/𝑁

𝐴𝐻𝐻𝐻 𝑆𝑂𝑅𝑅𝑌 𝐼 𝑇𝐴𝐾𝐸 𝐴 𝐿𝐼𝐹𝐸𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸 𝑂𝑁 𝑈𝑃𝐷𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑓𝑓 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑠ℎ 𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛𝑡 𝑎 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑚 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑚𝑦 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑢𝑝 𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑚 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑜𝑜𝑜𝑜𝑜 𝑦𝑒𝑎ℎ 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 ℎ𝑖 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠!