Chapter 7

Flashback~

Y/N POV~

I woke up around 7 AM in my new bed. I looked around for L, but he was nowhere in my view. I stood up and looked out the door, a long hallway of rooms surrounded me. I walked through looking for L until I smelled something good.

I followed the smell and peeked around the corner, Watari and L were making something
"Okay L now put in the flour." Watari said, L poured the flour into a bowl but spilling it all over his face, he frowned "It has to be perfect for her, she needs to feel welcome." Watari laughed and wiped off his face "She'll like it either way knowing you made it." L nodded and continue making what looked like cake.

Realizing it was a surprise I quietly went back upstairs and back to my room I grabbed my bag and put on a F/C (𝑓𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑟) dress, it was my favorite dress. I twirled in it then brushed out my hair and walked downstairs ready to meet the new people who also lived in this orphanage.

 I twirled in it then brushed out my hair and walked downstairs ready to meet the new people who also lived in this orphanage

I went to the kitchen where I saw L, he was putting the cake in the oven, he turned around and saw me. "Does this look too formal?" I asked, he didn't say anything all he did was stare I began to get nervous "Uh..I'll go change into something else." I began walking when he ran and grabbed my hand "No don't change you look amazing..stunning even." His face turned red, I smiled "Thank you so much I'm glad you like it! So when do I get to meet all of your friends?" I asked "You're really my only friend the rest are my successors that's why they're here to fill in for me." Shocked I asked "But if that's the case why am I here?" He smiled "You're here because you needed a home and we wanted to provide you with one."I looked at him and smiled the timer on the oven went off and he went to go check it. Watari took the cake out of the oven it looked amazing, strawberry shortcake "Its hot so you two will have to wait for it to cool down." Watari mentioned before making his way out of the kitchen. "So what are we waiting for let's go meet my successors."

We walked upstairs back to the bedroom areas where all the children were inside each of their rooms, L had led me to a room where there were two boys playing video games on the tv inside

We walked upstairs back to the bedroom areas where all the children were inside each of their rooms, L had led me to a room where there were two boys playing video games on the tv inside. The boys looked a lot younger than L and I, one had medium long blond hair and one had short red hair. They both were too focused on the game they were playing to even notice we entered until L had walked over and paused it.

"Guys there is someone I'd like you to meet." L announced, both the boys looked up at him then over to me they didn't seem to care that much though, L gestured them to go up to me and introduce so they did. "My name is Mello and this is Matt. It's nice to meet you." the blond kid spoke looking at me "It's nice to meet you too I hope we can become great friends." I replied with a smile as the boys both walked back to their game, L guided me out into another room where only one boy was this time a small white haired boy playing with toys looked up at me and waved "This must be Y/N, it is very nice to meet you...I'm Near." He said with a small smile, we had a quick conversation but soon left because L was going to give me a tour around the place.

The orphanage was beautiful there were so many rooms and different things to look at. L spoke about all the things around the orphanage while I gazed at them, it was fascinating, kind of like a museum. Everything was in order like it was meant to be put there for view. L voice was soft and low he sounded like he was interested in talking to me. We looked at the rest of the place and I smiled. This is really where I'll be staying.

 This is really where I'll be staying

"The cake should be cooled by now." L states leading me back to the kitchen where the cake was displayed. It wasn't the most perfect looking cake but it was good for a first time making. "I made it for us, I hope you like it." He smiled cutting me a slice and putting it on a plate. I looked at him and took the plate, tasted it, and gave a thumbs up. "This is the best cake I've ever had!" I let out, he smiled and ate a piece of his cake. Once the cake was done he grabbed a napkin and approached me "you have frosting on your face." He wiped it off as I wiped my finger against the cake and put a small amount of frosting on his nose "Twins." I blushed, he laughed and we both wiped off our faces.

Time skip (to that night)

I had some trouble sleeping tonight because the thought of my mom and dad and how what if my dad came to look for me, I got up and looked over to the other bed L was sleeping hearing little snores from the bed. "Should I wake him up?" I wondered I quietly walked over to the bed and tapped on his shoulder and he slowly rose from the bed "Is there a problem?" He yawned "I can't sleep I just have been having these thoughts about my parents and it's freaking me out." He looked at me and patted my head I sat onto the bed and we talked about the whole situation that went down before Watari took me to the orphanage.

He listened to me and only talked when I was done with a topic or stayed silent for any questions. He seemed eager to hear my story. After we talked he hugged me "No person should ever have to go through that I'm so sorry Y/N you're safe and in a better place now if you need any help with anything I'm always here." I blushed and laid my head on his shoulder and it was silent for a while until I eventually fell asleep.

𝐴/𝑁

𝑂𝑚𝑔 𝑖'𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑖 𝑤𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑢𝑝 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠 𝑎 𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐿. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑎 𝑏𝑖𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑖 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑖 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑦𝑒𝑎ℎ 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑎ℎ𝑎.

𝐴𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑖 𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝐿 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑎 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑦 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔