Chapter 4~Linked Memories~

(AN: So as I said I want to try to move away from the original shippudden plot line and create my own since this is just fan fiction sadly none of it is canon so a lot of this takes inspiration from other fanfics and a game called Kingdom hearts so enjoy I guess :])

'It's been so long, didn't expect letters or whatever but with the two of you gone, the village isn't as lively as it was before...or maybe I'm the one who isn't as lively...'

A nice breeze passed, not of warmth or the cold wind. Haruno Sakura, a 14 year old kunoichi, walked down the streets of the famous konohagakure with what seemed to be shopping bags. Her hair is a few inches longer than her shoulder, as she did not cut it from when it was previously cut a year ago, and her bangs longer than usual. She had a tied headband that wore the leaf symbol like a ribbon and her forehead visible to anyone. A bit of laughter from the children near her rung through her ears and the mothers speaking to the merchants echoed. She walked, in between the streets. An incident regarding two of her friends or teammates that had happened a year ago caused her to slowly over time, become more quiet and less active in her village activities.

Nothing's like before.

"Hey forehead!" called out a feminine voice from in front of her.

She snapped out of her thoughts and saw a platinum blonde headed girl that wore a purple crop and had a slit skirt the same color and having her stomach be more revealing. She waved while walking up to the Sakura, she had her other hand in a pocket that her skirt had. Sakura smiled gently, stooping in her tracks as did the other female.

"Nice to see you around, Ino-pig" she teased lightly.

"Aww c'mon, don't tell me you're moping around again- cheer up! Say, why don't you come with me and the rest of Team 10 for some Barbecue. Don't worry, Asuma-sensei will pay" Ino had said with her hands placed on her hips and bent down to put her face in front of Sakura's in a sort of mocking gesture as she giggled her last part.

Sakura opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. The thought of hanging out with a team that wasn't broken like hers was something she found hard to do. Before it was normal but after everything that had happened a year ago, it didn't seem like that anymore. She tightened her grip on the bags she was holding with her mouth whimpering to say something but never did. She shut it closed again and softened the hold on her bags as she sighed.

"M-Maybe another day... I'm rather quite busy today" Sakura made up the excuse to Ino.

Ino however wasn't buying it as usual and sighed in desperation. She walked up next to her before nudging her on the shoulder, her face facing the direction of Sakura's back.

"Hm, I haven't seen Obito in some time, where did he go?" asked Ino concerning.

Sakura once again sighed, " He's on another mission as always..."

"Oh-" Ino replied hesitantly.

A moment of silence then happened. She knew everyone on Team 7 had gone their separate ways ever since that incident and wanted her former best friend to at least stay a bit happy. Ino looked down as Sakura looked up at the blue sky, the warm sun shining down on her.

"Say...Ino.." Sakura calmly said, interrupting the silence. "Do you remember the time, the time that there was a meaning to this"

Ino made a questioning sound and looked as she walked back in front of Sakura. She crossed her arms above her chest and began to wonder what Sakura meant. Sakura looked down from the shining sky and smiled sadly. A leaf rolling on the ground passes by her, signifying the pushing wind as her hair got in her vision.