09 | The Tournament Begins

┌────── ⋆

┌────── ⋆. · · .⋆ ──────┐

The Tournament Begins

└────── ⋆. · · .⋆ ──────┘

Seeing Prince Prat battle his opponents was the only way Nerissa could tolerate him. Mostly because he wasn't paying her any heed nor was he talking to her. While she would probably deny it, seeing him fight was exciting. He was good...at fighting. Not that she would ever tell him such a thing. The prat's head was already too big. No need to make it any larger.

Nerissa could hardly keep her eyes off him as she waited with bated breath for every blow. Not in the romantic sense, of course; but because she didn't want to miss anything - especially this being her first tournament and all. Gwen cheered loudly every time Prince Prat managed a strike or dodged his opponents. Morgana kept her eyes on the fight as well, but she managed to keep her emotions in check. But if she had lived as the king's ward for some time now, Morgana was probably used to such sights, Nerissa mused.

From his spot beside her, Lukas was already on his feet cheering for Prince Prat. Lukas was shouting directions, much like Prince Prat had done to Merlin in their practice. When Prince Prat didn't listen to him, he'd shout something along the lines that he should have listened to him. Lukas was just as entertaining as the fight going on before them. Even King Uther couldn't help but occasionally glance Lukas's way with a very small smile of amusement.

The opposing knight nearly gave a blow that surely could've decapitated Prince Prat. Nerissa's eyes widened and a hand covered her mouth. The crowd gasped. Even Lukas froze for a moment. But the prince was able to block it, which made the crowd erupt in wild applause and cheers.

Both knights backed away from each other and composed themselves before continuing the fight. Lukas smirked before he elbowed Nerissa. "Watch this," he told her. "This'll be the last of it. Arthur'll win."

Nerissa's brow furrowed. 'How do you know?"

"Just do," Lukas said with another smirk. "Now watch."

She turned back toward the match just in time. Prince Prat went at it with everything he had, moving first. He swung toward his opponent who blocked him. He then blocked his opponent's attack with his shield. His opponent swung once more and Prince Prat's sword stopped the attack, pushing it away.