48

Happily walking hand in hand, their faces filled with smiles and giggles, a couple strolled in the busy streets. It was a sweet day, a day with good weather and a bright refreshing sun. Standing beside her lover, it was as if everything just seemed even more so wonderful.

"That's so sad. . ."

On another corner, another pair of lovers shared their deserts. Feeding one another, cutely holding each other's hands as they ate. Their cheeks blushed every time they met each other's eyes.

"Khh--, I pray for their souls!"

 On another side, two girls walked right beside one another, seemingly irritated with each other's presence. But taking a closer look, you could see them slowly touching hands. Shyly curling their pinky finger with another, as if they didn't want the other to notice their feelings.

"Oh! You poor things!"

"Haruki-dono, what are you doing?"

It was the day after Silvia and Saeko's departure and Haruki's maid was in charge of taking care of the house, with a bonus of course. Bored with being left alone in her house, Haruki accompanied Mahiru, also taking the opportunity to mess around in their house.

Swiftly turning around with despaired look, Haruki pointed at the couples outside of the busy streets. 

"They look so unhappy!" Haruki cried with sorrow. It was unknown whether she said it from the bottom of her heart or not, regardless, it looked pretty real.

". . . Yes they are." 

Mahiru felt like it was too tiring to retort, so she agreed. Though she did like Haruki's insanity and childishness, it wasn't her job to do the straight-man-act, so Mahiru would just listen to her employer's nonsense ramblings. 

Besides, she's already having so much fun listening to Haruki talk to herself, albeit secretly.

"Isn't it so sad to watch couples argue so silently, you could feel their anxiety and unrequited love burn so sadly! The pain, the sadness, their call for help! There is nothing right in this world!!" Haruki clenched her fist.

". . ." <-- Mahiru secretly smiling

"Do you hear that, Mahiru-chan? You can't right!? There are no words spoken, they're letting themselves suffer in their own silence and weakness! Oh, how terrible! They should not go on like this anymore!" She spoke with determination, though she was starting to feel awkward.

". . ." <-- Mahiru silent laughter in her thoughts

"What do you think, MA.HI.RU---CHAN!?" 

Ah, she snapped

"I agree, Haruki-dono. ."

Turning around so fast you could almost hear her neck break, Haruki looked at Mahiru with genuine sadness. Normally, Haruki could entertain herself no problem, playing board games, running around outside, or buying random snacks. But after being around Silvia and Mahiru for a few weeks, it's almost impossible now to go out all by herself.

SILENCE IS MY ENEMY! 

Or so she thinks.

Without their noise and retorts, it almost feels so empty. And the only person she has to talk to her was her silent Mahiru.

"Can you just say something, PLEASE!?" Haruki begged, bowing down in dozega. 

Seeing this passionate look, Mahiru felt her heartstrings get tugged. With a gentle smile, Mahiru gave no reply and simply handed Haruki her right palm.

Confused, Haruki raised her head and placed her hand on top of Mahiru, just like a lost puppy on the streets. The adorable little Haruki felt at loss on what to do and offered herself of Mahiru's mercy.

Seeing this action, Mahiru gently held Haruki's hand together with her left-- and moved it away.

"Eh?"

Mahiru motioned her hand once again, asking for something.

"Eh, what are you-"

Mahiru smiled.

". . . (┬┬﹏┬┬)" 

Haruki gave Mahiru some change.

"Can you now retort to me?"

"Oi Haruki, you're dirtying the floor. Just stand up already, you look ridiculous!" 

"Just like Silvia-chan!" Almost immediately, Haruki's eyes brightened like a child receiving a gift on Christmas. "Arigatou, Mahiru-chan!"

.

.

.

'So cute,' Mahiru thought.