10

Lucas's POV:
   Maya really surprised me. She forgave me so easily. I couldn't help but wonder why through the whole day.
   Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful, but...it caught me off guard.

-----

   After the last class, I walk up to Maya who's at her locker. She's getting her bag.
   "Hey, wanna come over? You know, since last time was a total bust."
   "Yeah, I guess. I better not catch you kissing any other girls." she teases.
   "Never again." I smile.
   "How about lets go now. I'm sick of this place..."
   "Okay, c'mon." I say, and grab Mayas hand. We walk hand in hand to my house.

-----

   Maya's POV:
  We finally arrived at Lucas's house. Oddly, I missed his house. I'd only been here once, but the sweet smell and warmth of it just made me feel welcome and at home.
   Lucas opens the door and lectures me to go in first.
   "So, whatcha wanna do, cowboy?" I ask.
   "Anything you wanna do." he smiles.
   I smile back at him. All I really want to do right now, is cuddle and watch some movies.
   "How about we chill and watch a movie?" I suggest.
   "Sounds good to me."

-----

   Lucas begins picking out a movie, and I start taking my shoes off.
   "So Lucas, where's your mom?" I ask.
   "Oh, she went on a business trip this weekend, and ended up having to stay a few extra days. I have the house to myself until Thursday." he replies.
   "Awe, is cowboy all alone?" I say playfully.
   "You know, you could just stay the night here if you want." he proposes.
   "Really? It'd be my pleasure." I laugh.
   "Ugh, but do you have something comfortable I can change into? I don't feel like going back to my house." I ask.
    "I have this?" he goes to his closet, and pulls out an oversized t-shirt.
   "Looks fine to me," I shrug. "Thanks."
   I take the shirt, and go to his bathroom. I slip my shirt and jeans off, and put his oversized shirt on.
   Much better. I think to myself.

-----

   I come out of the bathroom, and Lucas is in p.j pants.
   Shirtless.
   I cant move, and I just stare.
   He has amazing abs.
   I.Just.Stare.
   He looks up and notices me. "Oh, sorry Maya."
    "No, no. Its fine- its okay...its fine."
   "You want me to put a shirt on?" he laughs.
   "Um, well you don't have to," I reply.
   I'm acting like an idiot.
   "You look so cute in that shirt." he laughs.
   I feel myself blushing. "Thanks, huckleberry."
   Lucas grabs a remote and jumps into bed. "You comin' or what?"
   I nod and jump in next to him. He puts his arm around me, and I snuggle up on his chest. I feel myself drifting off to sleep. I was so cozy, and I felt so protected.
   It just felt right being with Lucas.
   This was the most perfect night ever.