5

Maya's POV:

   Wow. Its Monday already. You know what that means? School. The place where I have to face Lucas and Riley and not feel any guilt about kissing Lucas. God, I'm so horrible. I cant keep a secret from Riley. I just cant make myself.
   I think I'm going to tell her. I have to. But how?

-----

   I get up out of bed and do my usual morning routine. I'm done in about an hour, and since I don't feel hungry this morning, I just go straight to Riley's house.
   "It's Maya." I say into the buzzer once I arrive.
   "Come in!" Riley says, buzzing me in.
   I walk up to their apartment, and when I walk in, I find Riley waiting, set and ready to go.
   "Ready to go!" Riley smiles, then dashes outside.

-----

Riley's POV:

   Maya and I walk to my locker. For some weird reason she refused to go to her locker today? She's acting weird today...and I'm pretty determined to find out why.
   "Soo Maya, how'd your research go with Lucas?"
   Maya freezes up. "Oh...um good. I mean, it was boring, but yeah it was good. What about you and Farkle? How'd that go?"
   "It was really fun, actually. We got done really fast and ended up watching movies and playing games and stuff. I had a really good time..."
   "Sounds cool," she looks away.
   I haven't decided whether I should tell Maya that I might, possibly, sorta like Farkle just a little?!
   I'm still confused myself, but something seems to have changed the way we look at each other, talk to each other and other stuff. It's just because of all that study time together. Whatever it is, Maya is my best friend, I'll tell her everything.
   "Maya?"
   "Yeah, Riles?"
   "I think..." I hesitate. "I think...maybe...just a little bit...I may like Farkle."
   "YOU LIKE FA-"
   I quickly slap my hand over her mouth before she can finish the sentence.
   "Shh, Maya!" I scold.
   "Where did that even come from?" Maya asks. "Farkle?? Whoa!"
   "I just...I don't know. We were just working on the project and he just...I don't know. Its hard to explain."
   "No...I get what you're saying."
   "How?" I ask.
   "Well, now that were spilling secrets, I have something to tell you..." says Maya.