3

Maya's POV:

   Okay, I gotta admit, Lucas is kinda cute. Okay, really cute. But Riley is into him. I cant like her crush. That's wrong. I'll always support her. Always.

   Rileys POV:

   Maya and I walk into our history class. Maya takes a seat in her usual spot, next to mine, and Farkle sits behind us.
   My dad, the teacher, shuts the class door and begins his lesson.
   He starts teaching about trust. How trust is important, and everyone should have it.
   Before he can get too deep into the lesson, someone walks into the classroom, refocusing the class attention.
  Lucas walks into the classroom with a small, friendly smile. My dad greets him.
   "Hey, you must be the new student!" he says.
   "That's me," Lucas smiles.
   "Do you care to introduce yourself to the class?"
   "Okay, sure." he turns to the class. "Hi, I'm Lucas Friar."
   Lucas Friar. I think. Cute name. Geez, even his name is cute.
   "I'm 14 years old, and I just moved from Texas." he continues.
   "Yee-Haw!" I hear Maya joke.
   Lucas lets out a small laugh, and so does my dad.
   "Thank you, Mr. Friar. Take a seat behind Maya."
   Lucas sits down in his seat, and my dad continues.
"Now, I will be assigning you partners to do research about trust," he explains. "How you earn it, how you lose it. How you cherish it, and most importantly, what does it mean? These projects will be due in two weeks. Give me a report. What is trust? This will be an outside of school project, so make sure to set up times with your partner to work."

   Maya's POV:

   Great. Projects. Partners.
   I've always hated projects. There so stupid and useless. Like, why cant we just do class work? Easier for us all.
   Mr. Matthews takes out a sheet of paper with the list of partners on it, and lays it on his desk. I stand up to go look at it.
   Huh. Turns out I'm with Lucas. Rileys partners with Farkle.
   I walk over to Riley. "Sorry Riles."
   "Its fine. Maybe next project I'll be with him." she smiles. She sure always has a way of finding the good in everything.

   Lucas's POV:

   "Hey, cowboy." I hear someone say.
   I turn towards the voice, and find Maya standing behind me.
   "Maya." I smile.
   "Looks like we're partners." she tells me.
   "Really?"
   "Yep." she nods.
   "So, where do you wanna work on the project?" I ask.
   "Uh...how about your house." she says.
   "That works." I nod. "We can start next week, if you want. It's not due for two, so we'll still have time."
   "I like the way you think," she smiles.