2

Rileys POV:

   I was having a good day. Maybe it was that boy, but I don't know, I'm always having a good day. Everyday is a good day. Well, except for when it isn't.
   His smile just lit up the room like a lightbulb the size of the earth. It was amazing.
   The rest of the ride to school I kept my mind on the subway boy. The Lucas. The Lucas guy.
   Eventually, my thoughts are interrupted by the stop of the subway, meaning Maya and I had to walk the rest of the way to school. Its harder to daydream that way, because I always bump into things. Blehh.
   We get to school and Maya and I go to our lockers, which unfortunately are in different hallways.

Maya's POV:

   Ugh. School. This place is so annoying. It's cold, bright, loud, and just...no. I'm here because of the law. Stupid law.
   I make my way to my locker and begin putting in my combination when someone approaches from beside me.
   "Um...hey can you help me?"
   I quickly grab my books out of my locker and shut it. I turn towards the voice to find subway boy towering over me.
   "Sure, I guess," I reply. "With what?"
   "I can't get my locker open," he admits. "I think I'm doing the combination wrong."
   He holds a slip of paper in his hand with the combination, and I take it, read it, then start to open his locker.
   "So, your the only person I know that cant open a locker." I tease.
   "We have different kinds of lockers back in Texas."
   I stop and look at him. "Texas?" I giggle.
   "Whats wrong with Texas?" he returns a laugh.
   "Oh, nothing." I finally open his locker.
   "Okay...well thanks for helping me out."
   "No problem, cowboy."
   "Wait, I didn't get your name?"
   "That's probably because I didn't tell you."
   "Well then, what's your name?" he asks.
   "Maya." I smile.
   "Mayas a pretty name," he says. "You don't hear it much."
   I feel myself slightly blush. "I guess that's why my parents chose it." I shrug.
   "Yeah," he nods. "Well anyways, I'm Lucas. Nice to meet ya."
   "Same to you, huckleberry."
   "Huckleberry?" he questions.
   "There's a lot more where that came from," I tease. "So get used to it."
   He gives a concluding laugh and nod, so I turn and walk to find Riley.

   Riley's POV:

   I finish switching out my backpacks with my books, and catch myself admiring a unicorn picture taped on the inside.
   Unicorns are just so cuteeeeee.
   I shut my locker, and I turn to find Maya dashing up to me.
   "Guess what?" she asks. "You're gonna love it."
   "What?" I ask excitedly.
   "Subway boy is here." she smiles.
   "Wait, here? Like, in this school here? Close to me here? Right here, here?"
   Maya nods.
   "Wow," she beams. "Who woulda thought subwayboy would be coming here!?"
   "Don't freak, Riles. Be cool."
   "Okay, be cool Riley, be cool."
   "If I were you, I wouldn't talk to myself." I laugh.
   "Right, got it," she smiles. "Be cool. Don't freak. Don't talk to myself."
   The bell for the first class rings and Maya and I rush to our class.

-----