8

Lucas's POV:
   This weekend, my mom was going to be gone on a business trip. My dad has been in Texas for about a week, finishing up his last bit of work before he can leave. Me and my mom came on ahead and got settled in New York. Now, my mom's going on a little business trip for the weekend.
   In my mind, this means Maya time. Not anything bad, just some alone time, and honestly whether we're alone or not isn't the issue. I just love being with her no matter where or when.
   I clean up my house a bit, even though it's not very messy. We're a neat family, and it's a lot easier considering it's just me and my mom at the moment.
   Either way, I just feel the need to make everything perfect, for a perfect weekend with Maya.

   Maya's POV:
   I decide not to change, because I dont want to seem formal or anything. I mean, its just me and Lucas hanging out at his house. I did wash up a bit, though, and eventually took a nap.
   By the time I woke up, it was 6:34.
   Crap! Lucas might think I'm blowing him off!
   In a matter of minutes, I hurry to his house as fast as I can. I get there, and before I knock on the door, I look up and see Lucas in his window. Guess what he's doing? Making out with Missy Blandford.
   God I hate her. This isn't the first time she's stolen people's boyfriends.
   I slowly feel hot tears forming in my eyes along with a strange feeling in my stomach. A hot, gut quenching feeling that makes me want to puke.
   I run back home as fast as I can. As soon as I get inside, I go to my room and plop on my bed so I can continue to bawl my eyes out.

   Lucas's POV:
   While I was getting ready, I heard a knock on my window. It was Missy. I opened the window.
   "Wha...why are you on my house???" I asked, surprised. "And what do you want??"
   Missy has always had a major crush on me. Its insane, and really annoying.
   "Just stopped to say hi to the best guy in the whole world." she giggles. She's trying to make it cute, but her standing on my roof outside of my window is just making it creepy.
   She lets herself inside, climbing through my window and entering my room.
   "Okay, well thanks, but I'm waiting for my girlfriend to get here so if you could just go-"
  Missy throws herself at me. She forcefully attempts to kiss me, but I push her away.
   "Missy, what are you doing?" I ask. "I'm taken, and even if I wasn't, I dont like you!"
   "If you don't kiss me right here, I'll make sure your relationship with Maya is ruined. "
   "Quit trying to threaten me, Missy. Its not going to work."
   "Oh yeah? How about this. If you don't kiss me, I'll make sure Maya's life is miserable."
   "You leave Maya alone." I clench my fists.
   "Oh, what are you gonna do, hit a girl?"
   "Just one kiss, and you leave Maya alone."
   "A deal's a deal."
   Missy leans in and kisses me on the lips. I have a strong temptation to push her away, but I can't.

   Missy's POV:
   Durring my fake make out session with Lucas, I see Maya approach his front door. I can tell she noticed us by the look on her face.
   My plan worked.