Alls Fair In Love and War

• Dedicated to All My Friends

Prologue

"She's beautiful and I'll never give her up. She makes me feel like the rising sun." Grace sang as her Ipod blared. She walked up the sidewalk towards her house after school.

Grace could hear voices coming from down the street. She didn't want to look back but something inside her did. As she betrayed her intuition the more terrified she became. Of course she never expected to see was a baseball bat flying at her head.

Not knowing how to get away, she ended up getting hit in the stomach by the bat. The blow knocked her backwards and onto her ass. Her head swirled but she knew lying down wasn't going to help her now.

"What the hell!" Grace screamed. The person who threw the bat was wearing black pants and a grey hoodie, making it clear they were trying hard to make sure she couldn't figure out their identity. "Show yourself!"

"Stop screaming and come quietly." The guy said. Grace knew it was a guy because of how deep the voice was. His build was also much greater than her own. She couldn't see his face but she could see some of his brown hair.

He held her down the best he could but she was strong for a girl and fast. Once she broke away she took off and didn't look back. Hoping that she had lost him, she stopped to catch her breath.

Something or somebody tackled her petite frame knocking her down again. That bastard, she thought. The man already put her hands behind her back and shoved her face into the ground.

"Aww is the pretty little girl scared?"

"Fuck you." She snarled in reply. Grace was optimistic but she was a determined fighter. She wouldn't give up until she died. Another common trait of her family tree, according to her Grandma.

Picturing a fight in her head she imagined she would have lasted longer. Against a huge guy though, nobody would have lasted long.

As soon as the words escaped her mouth, a bag came over her head as she screamed and kicked around. An unfamiliar smell invaded her nose and she couldn't breathe.

Grace thought when you got knocked out you felt nothing. But the zap right before she passed out made her think otherwise.

"Good girl, time to go meet your friends." The voice came, even though it knew nobody could hear him.