Owl: Everyone got the plan? 

Cat: Yeah, I hate not having an escape plan

Crow: But that's usual for us, just don't fuck up and it'll be alright

Aqua: That's not how it works, Daichi

Owl: Either way, this isn't our first time not having an escape plan, so just business like usual. When should we do it?

Crow: We have to wait until we can get the agent alone, so we might need more stakeouts before we can find a time

Aqua: We know he's alone when tending to Takahashi's room, maybe then would be a good time?

Owl: We'll check it out, but we need to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. I think Bokuto knows something's about to happen. He was awake when I got back from our last stakeout

Crow: Well, he knows your an agent, so just make sure you don't get hurt when we talk to Takahashi and everything should be fine

Aqua: He never gets hurt though! It's always us! 

Crow: No one should be getting hurt, this is an information mission

Cat: but it's a high-risk mission

Crow: We'll just have to watch each other's backs

A timid knock broke me out of my conversation. I looked to the door, opening it to see Bokuto holding his hand. 

"I may have accidentally hurt my finger," He muttered, not looking me in the eye. I took his hand, seeing the green discoloration around the joint. I knew it was broken. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"I slammed my finger in a door," His voice was so soft I almost didn't hear him. I smiled at his excuse, pulling on his arm for him to follow me. 

We got to one of the bathrooms and I took out everything I needed, though, I still needed to set the finger first. I handed him a towel. 

"Bit down on this," He did so without question. "This is going to hurt," I warned, before positioning my hands where they needed to be. In one quick jerk, I snapped the bone back into alinement, listening to Kotaro's muffled shouts in pain. I hated the sound, it made my blood freeze and my skin boil. I checked the break to make sure everything was fine before motioning that he could drop the towel. 

"Are you ok?" I asked worriedly. He was breathing heavily, but that was to be expected. 

"That hurt," He cringed. 

"I'm sorry, it needed to be set," I wrapped up his finger, using his middle finger to hold it in place as a makeshift splint. Once I was done I let go of his hand. 

"Thank you Keji!" Kotaro cried out, jumping forward and pulling me into a hug. He kissed me on the cheek, making my face go red. "I love you!" He cheered. 

"And I you, Kotaro, but please be more careful in the future," I smiled. 

"How did you know how to do that?" He asked, looking down at his finger. 

"I was trained in medical care, anything from internal injuries to minor scratches," I explained. 

"Wow! You're so cool!!" Kotaro beamed, showing off his closed-eyed smile. 

"I appreciate your praise," I smiled back at him. 

"You seem distracted today, is there another agent thing you need to do?" Kotaro asked, his wide eyes staring down at me. His nervousness was visible, and I hated making him feel that way. 

"Yes, but nothing you need to worry about," I assured. 

"Could you at least tell me when you're leaving?" He asked, his hands gripping mine. I didn't see any problems with it. 

"Sure, Kotaro, but most of my missions will be at night when there's less of a need for me to protect," I explained. 

"Then how will you sleep?" He asked, his face completely shocked and horrified. 

"I'll get what I can and power through the day," I shrugged. 

"That's unhealthy!" Kotaro cried out. I suppressed my need to call him out on how childish that sounded. 

"I'll be fine, you don't need to worry," I squeezed his hands that were still gripping mine. 

"That will never happen, Keji. I'll always worry," He pouted. I took a deep breath at his words. 

"I'm sorry," My voice was gentle and quiet, guilt eating away at me from the inside. Kotaro pulled me into a hug, his arms wrapping protectively around me. We stayed like that for a while before continuing our day.