Chapter 3 - A Much Needed Talk

As rays of light began to erupt from the horizon it covered as far as the eye could see. These rays are indirectly directed to the window of a sleeping redhead. This boy still had tear marks from the events of last night and grunted as the rays of light conveniently shone in the boy's closed eyes. The boy then opened his eyes ever so slowly as his eyes adjusted to the light being shone in his eyes as he got up.

His ocean blue eyes erupted into life as he got up as his hand hovered over his face. 'So that was real.' That was all he could think as he took the cover off of himself and went to grab a set of clothes that he had prepared the previous night as he went to take a shower. Something he was in desperate need of after what had happened to him yesterday. His movement, even though he had just woken up, lacked the clumsiness that came with waking up and were as if he had been awake a lot longer than he was. A smile plastered on the face of the boy as now he felt as though he was free.

As he arrived at the bathroom he had looked in the mirror that was within it and his smile immediately turned to a look of pure sadness. He didn't have a hint of baby fat and was abnormally skinny, for a five-year-old. This was not the source of his sadness, however. His body, head to toe, was littered with scars. Permanent ones. His body resembles not a five-year-old child but of a hardened veteran. His musing was short-lived as he just promised to himself that he would make sure something like that would never happen to not just him. But to any child. Be they a thief or someone like him.

After that, he had his shower. One that last only a couple of minutes due to the routine that he had built into him with showers. This routine was built from within the Orphanage as they restricted him to only two to three minutes bathing whilst letting the other kids be cleaned by those who worked there for, on average, five times the length. His change of clothes consisted of a black shirt with a small Uzumaki swirl on the arms and a large swirl on the back, something similar to the few Uchiha that he had encountered in his short life. The shirt is accompanied by pure black combat shorts.

His day was started with a cup of ramen that had found within one of the cupboards along with 2 other cups that he would save for later. He filled the kettle with water and started to boil the water as he heard a knock on the wall where the door should be and saw the Hokage of all people standing there. His white robes and his unmistakable red and white hat with the kanji for 'fire' on fall display made him hard to mistake with anyone other than him.

"Hello Naruto my boy can I come in?" he spoke softly. Naruto responded with an immediate nod as he bowed as a sign of respect to the man.

"Of course Lord Third. I'm sure you don't even need to ask considering your status as Hokage," he said still bowing, although his tone was a little more serious coming to the end of his sentence. Something that the Hokage picked up on immediately.

"Well it pays to be polite and I wouldn't want to scare you by coming in unannounced," he replied, his tone still soft. Something that Naruto had assumed was his natural tone of voice, as he offered Hiruzen a seat at the table that was in the middle of the kitchen as he got the kettle and poured the water into the cup of ramen as he then joined Hiruzen at the table.

"So I am assuming that you are here for more than a visit. I was also going to talk to you at some point regarding a lot of things that I had recently discovered about himself." Naruto said as he sat down on the chair, his tone dead serious as he looked Hiruzen in the eyes. His expression was as if screaming 'I know about everything'. This caused the Hokage to flinch as a sigh escaped his lips as he placed his hand on his head.

"So you know about it-" he started "I know about him". Naruto cut him off, as Hiruzen lifted his head as he looked at the boy as he could tell that he was mad. "I know about them too". Naruto spat out as well, making the old man's eyes go wide. Another, a long sigh escaped the Hokage's mouth. "Before you start Lord Third I do not hate you for the secrets surrounding my tenant. However, I do not respect you for keeping the fact that my parents existed and loved me contrary to popular belief," he said sternly as he was glaring daggers at the old man.