26

~SAMANTHA~

"Where are we going?", I asked him. "It's a surprise", he answered. "Just tell me", I begged him with a pout. "Then it won't be a surprise anymore", he stated making me roll my eyes and huff like a child.

After taking me to a very expensive restaurant, he decided to take me to where he was calling a surprise. I knew he wouldn't tell me where we were going but I wanted to get on his nerves.

"Please", I whined. He shook his head keeping his eyes on the road. I groaned and crossed my hands across my chest. My phone beeped and a message popped up on my screen. My face instantly brightened as I saw Clair's name.

'Hey girl'

'I told Matteo yesterday night; well, I literally cried it out to him. He said that he wants the baby so I'm keeping it. I'm actually happy and scared at the same time. Thanks for your support and care'

I smiled as I texted her back.

'Thanks girl, I'm glad he didn't reject the baby or I would have shredded his peanuts. Luca is back from his trip to Africa and he's taking me out. I don't even understand what's going on but I'll tell you all the details later'

I smiled when she sent me a winking emoji.

"We're here", Luca announced bringing me out of my chat. "Clair says hi", I told him. He flashed me his signature grin and I rolled my eyes. "Where are we?", I asked as we stepped out of the car. I put my phone in my purse and adjusted my red dress. The cool breeze blew against my skin causing goose bumps to form on my skin.

"One of my most favorite places", he told me and I followed him down the field. "I hope you don't want to kill me out here and bury my body", I said. He chuckled and put his hands in his pockets as we walked. "Now, I have to close your eyes", he said and I pouted. "Why?", I whined. He chuckled and pulled me towards him.

My back against his chest made my heart race a million miles. He closed my eyes with his hands. "Let's start walking", he whispered in my ear and I bit my lower lip. We began walking. "Are we there yet?", I asked. I wasn't sure if I could bare another minute like this without blurting out my feelings.

"Not yet", he said. After walking for the next five minutes; he stopped, "Okay".

He removed his hands from my eyes and I saw a large blanket spread and a picnic basket on top of it.

"Let's go sit", he said as pulled me along towards it.

֍

"Between ice cream and yoghurt?", I asked him. "It's obviously ice cream", he answered and I smiled. "You act like a child", I told him. "Only for you", he said cheekily and I blushed a little. "Whatever", I rolled my eyes.

"Let's play twenty questions", he suggested as he took a swig of his sprite. "Okay, you go first", I said. He nodded and sat up straight. "What's your favorite color?".

"Orange", I answered.

"I expected you to say pink", he said teasingly and I glared at him. "I don't even like pink. What's your favorite food?", I said.

"Chicken Alfredo", he answered with a grin. "Why is your hair almost white?", he asked. "I was meant to be born blonde but it became a lighter shade", I answered him.

"Favorite sport?".

"Basketball. Middle name?".

"Kimberly. How many siblings?".

"Two younger siblings. How many guys have you dated?".

"One. You?"

"None".

"You're a real playboy", I said and he nodded proudly. "I don't like the idea of settling down", he said. I felt a little sting in my chest but I brushed it off.

"Why don't you want to settle down?", I asked him. He sighed and lay down. "Women are so complicated. You can't easily decode what most of them are feeling", he said. What did he mean?

"What do you mean by that?".

"There so many women trying to be who they aren't and I don't understand how being fake makes them happy", he told him. I nodded, understanding what he meant. "If you ever want a girlfriend, how do want her to be like?", I asked.

He used his elbows to prop up his body. He looked like he was thinking about the question. "She'd be funny, beautiful, hot and smart. She'd be shy but free with everyone, I'd love her with every cell in my body", he said with a smile.

"Have you found one?", I asked him. "Yeah, but I haven't told her yet. I'm waiting for the right time", he answered and I felt like my whole world shattered into pieces.

I swallowed hard as I managed to say, "That's nice". "How about you?", he asked me. "I'm a hopeless lover girl. I'm not sure the guy I like will like me back", I told him. "What is there not to like about you? You're everything a guy needs, that guy will be an idiot to reject you", he said with a frown.

I wish I could tell you that the guy was you.

We talked for some time before we decided to head home because it was already midnight.

"Why are you spacing out?".

I snapped my head to see Luca looking at me. He just parked in front if my house.

"Nothing, I'm just tired", I lied. I unbuckled my seatbelt. "Thank you for the date and everything else, it was beautiful and I loved it. Thanks for dropping me", I said as I opened the door and stepped out.

Walking towards my door, I didn't look back at all. I was about to open the door when he called my name. I turned around to see him by the porch. "Sam, what's wrong? You look so unhappy and sad", he asked with a frown . Tears filled my eyes as I shook my head.

I was falling for him, I was falling hard but he liked someone else.

"Nothing", I said. "Sam, talk to me", he said as he walked closer to me. I bit the inside of my cheek as he began to close the distance between us. "Just talk to me. I won't be happy if you go to sleep sad", he said in a loving way. This was too much.

Let me just tell him, maybe I'll get over it.

"I....I...", I tried to say but the words were getting stuck in my throat. "You what?", he asked. "I like you! I really, really like you! More like I'm falling in love with you. I know I'm stupid for doing so when you like someone else but I couldn't stop", I yelled as I began to cry.

"Sam", he said with softness in his voice. "I know I sound like an idiot but I'm trying really hard to not fall in love but I keep falling harder. I'm sorry, Luca", I wiped my tears and turned around to run into the house. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him making me crash into his chest.

My heart was beating faster as he wiped my tears with his warm palm. He smiled and asked, "You're crying because you love me?".

I looked away from him embarrassed. "That sucks because I love you too, more than you know it", he said. My eyes widened as I took in what he just said.

"W-what?", I stuttered. "Let me clarify that", he said and then crashed his lips on mine.

Let me say my senses got turned off immediately.