EPILOGUE

~MATTEO~

"Bryce, do your homework already", I heard my wife groan as I enter the living room. She was holding our four year old daughter, Lillian in her arms.

"I'll do it later", my eleven year old Bryce says. "What's wrong?", I ask diverting the attention to me. "Dada!", Clair drops the excited Lillian on the floor letting her run towards me.

I crouch down and let her run into my awaiting arms. "Hey, princess", I coo as I carry her up. I walk over to Bryce. "What's the problem?", I ask him. "Mom's making me do my Maths homework", he frowns while Clair glares at him.

"Why don't you do it?", I ask. "Because I don't know it", he answers. "You should've told me!", Clair yells. Hurt evident in her eyes. "You know what? Just do it all with your father", she says as she angrily leaves the living room.

I sigh and turn to Lillian who was staring at her mother's retreating form. "Go after mommy and make her feel better", I tell her and she nods.

She hops down from me and runs after her mom. I turn to Bryce. I sigh and run my hand though my hair. "Show my your homework", I tell him. Angrily he stands up and walks over to the coffee table where his black schoolbag was.

"Here, I don't even understand what the teacher is saying", he grumbles. I chuckle and pull him into the kitchen.

"Let's solve it", I tell him.

Thirty minutes later, we were done with his assignment and now we were talking about school. "I hate those girls, they behave like they are the goddesses of the world", he says and I chuckle.

"Why do you say that?", I ask him. "There's this girl they always bully. They call her ugly but to me, she's very cute", he says and I wiggle my brows at him.

Then Clair walked in with Lillian in her arms. She walks over to the stove and drops Lily on the counter. "Mommy...m-make pas-pasta", Lily frowns as she tries to make her sentence come clean. Clair chuckles and kisses her nose, "Okay, sweetie".

I turn to Bryce who was looking at her with sadness. "Bryce?", I call out. "I messed up, dad", he tells me. "Apologize", I say. "Will she forgive me?". I chuckle and ruffle his hair. "Of course she will, she doesn't dwell on anger", I tell him.

During dinner, I was feeding Lily who was making a mess on her high chair. "Mom?", I turn my head to see Bryce fiddling with his fork.

Well this will be interesting.

"Yeah?", Clair answers. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I was just angry about what happened in school", he admits. "I didn't mean to yell at you or talk back at you, I'm sorry", he adds.

"I'm not angry sweetie. I forgave you when I walked away from the living room", Clair says with a smile. "Really?", Bryce asks. "Really, now come here", she opens her arms and he runs towards her. "Yay group hug", Lily squeals and I laugh. We all hug one another laughing at Lily.

"Stop la-la-laugh-ing", her nose scrunches up at her failing o speak properly making us laugh again.

I smile as I look at my family.

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would have a family, but now I do and I'm thankful for everything.

I think I might as well give a testimony in church.

THE END!!!!!