21

~CLAIR~

I stared at the woman in front of me, the reason for my situation. I can't blame her though. She loved him and I was just in the way.

"Clair, I'm sorry", she said. I almost laughed. Keyword; almost. "Why?", I asked her. "I hurt you and I made Matteo to hurt you too. I'm really sorry for that. I know you won't believe me but I'm really sorry for everything I've done", she said looking down.

It's actually odd.

Chloe, a beautiful and intelligent twenty six year old woman is apologizing to me. Me, Clair Matthews? Sorry, I meant Clair Rossi.

I sighed, it's a good think I was taught to forgive.

"I forgive you", I told her. She raised her head and a small smile played on her lips. "Thank you so much", she hugged me and I slowly hugged her back.

"I'm going back to Italy today. I just finished my meeting and I will be on my way", she said. My mouth hung up as she just said that. "Now?", I asked her. She chuckled. "Yeah, I have something to tell you", she said.

"Okay", I said. "You and Matteo may think that you're not in love with each other but you guys are. You're just blind to see it. Please give each other a chance", she said to me.

To stunned say anything, I just nodded. She gave me one last hug and left.

*

*

*

I was sitting by the pool lost in my thoughts when I heard heavy footsteps. My heart was beating too fast for my liking as I recognized that footstep.

"Clair?"

I turned around to see him standing there all in his perfect glory. He looked so tired and stressed.

"Welcome back", I said not knowing what to say.

What will you say to a man whom you forced to take your virginity while you were drunk?

"Clair, I'm really sorry", he said weakly. I stood up and flashed him a weak smile. "I'm not angry with you. Not at all, it's just my fault not yours", I said to him "I'm a stupid girl", I muttered to myself.

"You're not stupid", he said to me. He heard it. "What makes you think that the girl who forced you to take her V- card is not stupid?", I asked him. "Clair, can you please stop this?", he asked in frustration.

I sighed and stared at the pool. "Dinner is ready", I said as I sat back on the bench. "Aren't you going to eat?", he asked. "I'm not hungry, thank you", I replied as I continue to stare at the pool.

֍

"So you're telling me that you guys did the deed", she said as she leaned on the door frame of her room. "Yeah", I sighed. Her eyes widen as she pushed herself off the frame and walked closer to me. "While you were drunk?", she asked in shock.

"I was the one practically begging him", I said to her. "Don't you know how horny you get when you're drunk? You weren't just horny, you were jealous", she told me. "I don't think we used protection", I admitted. She shrieked and fell on her knees. "You guys didn't use protection!", she screamed.

"You're screwed, I'm screwed and we're all screwed!", she wailed as she gripped the sheet of the bed. "I'm so annoyed and pissed with myself. I don't even know what to do anymore", I said with my voice breaking.

She stands up and rushes towards me. She wraps her arms around me pulling me in a hug. "Don't beat yourself up over this. You can't change what has already been done. You just have to move forward", she tells me.

"I don't know how to move on or even where to move on to. I don't even understand what you mean", I told her truthfully. She kissed my fore head and rubbed my shoulder as she sat beside me. "Whatever comes your way, accept it and make the best of your situation", she told me.

"I can't even stand to look at his face. He has this look of guilt that is eating me up knowing it wasn't his fault", I told her. "He'll get over it, don't worry", she told me and I sighed.

"Look on the bright side though, you guys made love while drunk. How cool is that?", she squealed. I chuckled and shook my head. "It's not making love it's just called sex", I told her. "Like you know anything, little Ms. Innocent", she tapped my nose. I rolled my eyes and pushed her finger away.

"I was going to ask how it felt but you don't remember anything. So how was the after feeling?", she asked with curiosity. "I felt extremely sore and tired", I admitted to her. "That means it was hardcore!", she exclaimed happily. My cheeks reddened as I almost died of embarrassment.

"You my sister; are no longer an innocent woman again. Do you know how cool it is?!", she exclaimed excitedly. I chuckled and shook my head at her giddiness. "Poor me, still a virgin and dying of sexual frustration", she faked a sob.

I laughed and rubbed her head. "Sorry, girl", I say and she grinned like a cheesier cat.