֍

~SAMANTHA~

Tossing and turning on my bed, I sit up straight and let out a sigh. I couldn't sleep at all and I have no fucking idea why. I groaned as I got off my bed and switched on the lamp. My bedside clock read 1:30am. What the fuck am I doing up this early?

Not knowing what to do, I walked out of my room and headed for the kitchen. Grabbing a carton of milk and pouring some quantity in a glass cup, my phone rang.

Surprised to see the caller ID, I picked it up. "Hi", I answered. "Baby doll!", he said enthusiastically and I blushed. "I thought you're still going to be in a business conference. Isn't it day over there?", I asked him with a raised brow. He chuckled. "Yeah, it's afternoon here".

"Missing me that much?", he asked teasingly. "No, is there a reason why I should?", I retorted with a snort as I drank my milk. "You just love to hurt my ego", he said, faking hurt and I rolled my eyes. "And I'm happy I'm breaking it", I told him.

"You sure are something else Sam", he sang. "And you are nothing different Luca", I said back. He chuckled and I could picture him grinning like a fool.

"So how's Africa?", I asked him. "Pretty hot but okay, I guess. I actually love their wild spirit. Their animals are so big and their lands are large", he said with amazement laced in his voice. I giggled and shook my head. "When will you come back to US?", I asked him.

"So you really want me? I knew it!", he exclaimed and I laughed. "I'm just curious, you've been over there for a week and this is the first time you're calling", I told him as I finished the glass of milk.

"Whatever you say, Barbie", he said teasingly. "Don't call me that", I warned him. He hummed, "Back to the question, I'm coming back very soon. Real soon and when I come, I'll take you out on a date. How about that?".

This made my heart go skyrocket. I didn't know why I've been feeling this way ever since last month. Knowing it was a joke, I played along. "Whatever you say, dream boy", I mused. "I have to attend a meeting right now, love you", he said making my eyes widen. "Bye", I said in surprise and hung up

I quickly downed my glass of milk in a vain attempt to calm my stupid heart down. I stood up and grabbed the glass walking over to the dish washer to rinse it. Putting it back in place, I switched off the lights and walked into the living room.

'Love you'.

Those two words can make funny things happen to me. I felt like all those high school girls who gushed over boys as their life time career.

I turned on the television and logged into Netflix. Clicking on Teen wolf, my mind drifted to Ryan. He was the only guy I've ever dated and actually loved. Clair always told me that he wasn't the one for me but I didn't want to listen. I was too stupid and ignorant to listen.

Now, I was a broken hearted stupid girl.

I promised myself not to fall in love again. At age 24, I was young and independent. I didn't need anyone. But now, Luca was successfully breaking my walls.

Every time he smiled, my heart beat got faster.

Whenever he complimented me, I tend to blush harder.

Whenever he touches my hair, I always felt special.

Whenever he touches me, I always felt tingles.

My eyes widened at the realization.

I'M FALLING FOR LUCA ROMANO!

֍

Yawning like an idiot, I walked out of the photoshoot room. "See you tomorrow Sam", Mr. Louise said and I nodded. "Sure thing, bye", I waved and left the building. Alice was talking to her boyfriend, Carter in the parking lot by their car. He was a very tall and cute guy and they honestly are meant to be together.

"Hey Sam", Alice noticed me and I wave at them. "Hi guys", I say. "It's good to see you again, Sam", Carter grinned and I grinned back. "Same here, lover boy, well I have to go now. Take care of her or I'll castrate you", I warned him and he playfully saluted me.

I chuckled and headed for my car. Home sweet home, here I come!

֍

Lying on my bed with only my underwear and a thin robe covering my body, I was flipping through a magazine. I heard the doorbell ring and I groaned. Who the hell wants to disturb my peace?

Maybe it was Clair.

I reluctantly stood up from my bed and walked out of my room. I approached the door, already planning the long lecture I was going to give Clair.

"Clair, I do-", I opened the door and my words got stuck in my throat. The person in front of me grinned widely as his eyes roamed my body. "I didn't actually imagine seeing you like this but I'm not complaining", he said with a smile.

"Luca?", I mumbled as my face reddened. "That's my name", he sang. I was still staring at him in shock. When did he arrive? "Are you going to let me in?", he asked me sarcastically. I snapped my eyes back to his, "Sorry, come in". I ushered him in and he nodded.

"When did you arrive?", I asked him as we walked to the kitchen. "About two hours ago", he answered coolly as he sat on one of the island chairs. "Two hours? Aren't you meant to be resting?", I asked him as I sat opposite him. He chuckled and shook his head. "I got back two hours ago, went home, took a very long and cold bath and then came here", he said.

"You must be tired", I said to him. "I am not, actually", he shrugged. "Okay, so your reason for coming here?", I asked him with a raised brow. "I came to take you on the date I promised", he said in a serious tone and my eyes widened as I looked at him in shock. "You were serious?", I asked him.