Chapter 6- He did what now?

Start from the beginning

“Oh Cam how many girls did you make cry?”

“A lot.”

            I laughed.

“It’s not my fault that females don’t tend to handle rejection well,” he shrugged. I slapped his arm.

“I don’t see why a girl would bother crying for you, jerk,” I told him seriously.

“What can I say?” Cam smirked. “I’m simply irresistible.”

“Cocky jerk,” I corrected.

“You know you love it.”

“I beg to differ.”

“You could beg for other things…” he hinted suggestively. I gasped and got off of him and then off my bed.

“Pervert,” I muttered.

“You’re cute when you blush.”

            My hands went up to my cheeks in an instant. I could feel the heat of my skin. “Shut up.”

“Is that the best come back you have?”

“I would’ve bothered using some of my wittier pieces of work but then I thought it would be wasted on someone like you.”

“Are you really using your intelligence to bash me?”

“Are you really asking a stupid question?”

“Are you?”

“Hey I’ve been reduced to your level,” I sighed. “Such a shame. I was headed places.”

“Ha ha ha, why don’t you take that attitude up to a mic and do some stand up for us?”

“I would but that would be defined as cruel and very unusual punishment,” I shuddered. “I hate mics.”

“Why?”

“Because when I was six my dad took me to this karaoke place in the town we were living in at the time and I wanted to go up and sing, but I tripped on some chords and bashed my little mouth into the mic and it knocked my tooth out.”

            Cam started laughing. “Was it one of your front teeth?”

“Two.”

“You’re two front teeth? Do you have a picture?”

“God no, I kept a bag over my face until they grew back,” I shuddered.