Chapter 5- How to Create a Moment of Awkward Silence .

Start from the beginning

“Is that so?”

“Mhmm.”

“Well, I better get going,” I said. “Mads wants me to make sure none of you boys answers the door when her date gets here.”

            The door bell rang and I rushed to answer it. Josh Rickerman was pretty darn cute. And ew he just checked me out.

“Hi, you must be Josh,” I smiled. “I’m Ryn, Maddie’s cousin.”

“Oh hey, you’re the new girl,” he smiled down at me. I felt hands on my hips and then Cam’s chest against my back.

“Josh,” he greeted impassively.

“Cam,” Josh nodded his head out of respect. I looked up at Cam, confused.

“Josh here’s apart of the pack.”

“Oh,” I said finally getting it. “So what we have to show you respect because you’re daddy’s the alpha?”

“No, he has to show me respect because I’m his future beta.”

“You said ‘he’,” I pointed out. “Don’t I have to do anything?”

“No, and I wouldn’t make you,” he said honestly. For some reason that made me smile and I leaned into him some more.

“So are you two―”

“No,” I answered for the both of us.

            I could tell that the two of them were talking through the mind link because they were both grinning and smirking and being all annoying.

“Anyway,” I said. “You should come in, Mads is almost ready.”

“Yeah thanks.”

            Things started to get awkward when Alex, Adam, Dallas, and Sam walked into the front foyer.

“So, this is the boy taking out our little Madison,” Adam said, using his deep voice. Cam and I sniggered.

“Yes sir,” Josh said. Okay that I actually laughed at.

“Don’t call Adam ‘sir’. Actually, don’t call any of them that,” I laughed. “They’re far from it.”

“Shut it cup cake,” Dallas said throwing me over his shoulder.

“Put me down!” I screamed.

“Sure,” Dallas agreed. He literally threw me in the air and Sam caught me.