Chapter 5- How to Create a Moment of Awkward Silence .

Start from the beginning

“Dinner then a movie.”

“Then what’s all the stress about?” I started laughing. “Here, take a seat in my office while I take a look at your wardrobe.”

            I sat her down on my bed then moved into her closet. I picked out a cute white bustier fit and flare dress and threw it over to her. Then I handed her a brown waist belt and gold hoops.

“How tall is this kid?” I asked.

“About Sam’s height.”

“Okay you can definitely do heels then,” I decided on a pair of brown, lace up ankle boots with a definite heel.

            She put the outfit on and visibly calmed down. “You’re a lifesaver.”

“I am,” I agreed. “Sit down I’ll do your hair.”

“Go for cute and causal,” she said. “I don’t want him to think I spent too much time getting ready.”

“Mhmm,” I nodded, teasing her slightly.

“Shut up.”

“Probably not going to happen.”

            I put her beautiful long hair in a loose braid that hung over the front of her shoulder and let a few strands fall in front, those strands I curled.

“Please do my makeup,” she said quietly. “My hands are shaking.”

“Don’t be so nervous,” I said calmly. “He’d be an idiot to not like you.”

            I didn’t want to use a lot of make up, purely minimal.

“Looks like you’re ready,” I smiled down at her. “And you look amazing.”

“Oh my god it’s almost eight!” she squealed. “Get down stairs and open the door. Don’t let any of the boys get it!”

“Alright, alright I’m going,” I laughed at how nervous she was.

            Just as I came out of the room an arm snaked out and wrapped around my waist. Next thing I know I was pulled up against a solid chest.

“Hey,” I complained as I looked up and saw Cam.

“Hi,” he smirked.

“You know, I’m starting to get the feeling that you have a little crush on me,” I said impassively. Truth was I was freaking out over the answer.

“You’re not entirely wrong.”

            Goosebumps. Oh my god.