Patton

Before I start this chapter I just want to apologize for taking so long to update this book. Life has been busy and my energy and motivation has been nonexistent. So please bare with me!

Roman and Logan headed to the basement, leaving all of us up here. Virgil stays next to me, ready for something to go wrong.

"I'm going to the couch," Remy starts walking off, "They'll come find us once they finish down there."

Emile nods, "Yeah." He follows Remy and sits down on his lap.

Thomas follows them, trailing a little behind and sitting down on the other couch. He started talking to the fairies. But I'm not interested in whatever they are talking about.

I look at Virgil, "What do you think they are going to find down there," I ask curious.

Virgil shrugs, "I don't know. I guess that's why I'm so unsettled. I used to know everything and knew what to expect. But now I'm in the dark and I don't like that."

I set a hand on his shoulder gently, "Kiddo, you are still helpful and its okay being in the dark. Sometimes it's best being in the dark anyways. Because when the light comes, you know things are finally better and you have nothing to worry about anymore."

Virgil nodded a bit, "Yeah your right..." He mumbled, "I just don't like it."

"That's okay. You can hate it. Just remember what I told you," I smile at my emo friend.

"Will do," Virgil said softly before looking back at the basement door. "They are taking longer than I thought they would."

I nod, agreeing with him, "Yeah. Maybe they found something and are checking it out? Or they can't find anything and don't want to disappoint us by coming up empty handed," I guessed.

Virgil sighed quietly, "I don't know. I hate all of this."

I hug him and we stay standing there for a while before the two return. Logan looks pale and nervous while Roman looks shaken up, his smile not a genuine one.

I get worried, "What happened? What's wrong?" I ask, walking towards Roman.

"Nothing is wrong. Don't worry Patton," Roman hugs me. "We just saw a spider. It was big and hairy. Logan almost fainted," he chuckled.

Virgil looked at Logan, "Are you sure that's all?" He asked worried, hugging Logan.

"Yes, I'm sure," Logan answered simply.

It's dinner time and Roman and Logan are telling us about the basement. They said it was filled with old furniture, pictures, and spiders. Virgil seems skeptical but I believe them. They have no reason to hide anything from us. We are all friends.

Unfortunately they didn't find any gym equipment so we will have to practice on each other.

We move to the backyard, everyone is wearing exercise clothes. I'm wearing a light blue shirt with white shorts, Roman has a red crop top shirt with black shorts, Logan is wearing a black shirt with dark blue shorts, (his are the only shorts that reach his knees, everyone else's shorts stop over the knee and around their thighs) Virgil is wearing black sweatpants with a purple shirt, Thomas has a brown shirt with black shorts, Remy is wearing a white shirt with black sweatpants, and Emile is wearing a pink shirt with beige shorts.

Remy puts on his sunglasses and looks at Roman, "I call dibs on beating your ass," he smirked.

Roman smiled and looked at Remy, "Are you sure you'll be able to do that?" He finished stretching and got into a fighting stance.

Remy nods, "Trust me babes. I know when I can win a fight."

I look at Thomas and Virgil who are being nicer to each other. They make some rules and then start to fight. That leaves me with Emile or Logan.

Emile speaks up, "I don't want to fight Patton your too sweet. And Logan you would defeat me easily probably... I'll sit this round out." He sat down on the porch.

Logan looks at me, "Would you like to make some rules about what is and is not allowed?"

I nod, "Yes please."

"Alright. Rule one; no using magic since you need to learn how to fight without it."

I nod, "Rule two;," I start, "No cheating and having someone get me or you from behind."

Logan nods, "Rule three; if it gets too far the safe word will be red and we stop immediately."

I nod and we both get ready to fight. Logan punches at my stomach and I dodge. I kick at his legs but he jumps over my attack. As we continue fighting he starts to talk.

"What if Roman was in danger," he said to me.

I get caught off guard, "What?"

"Roman's life is in danger. He is bleeding and injured too badly to move. The enemy is above him with a blade aganist his neck. What will you do?"

Did he really just say that? Roman is his friend. How can he think that? I feel anger surge through me and without thinking I punch him right in the nose and hear a crack. He shouts and curses a she holds his nose, saying the safe word a few times. I freeze seeing a red liquid running down, fast.

Virgil yells something and runs to Logan's side. Roman comes over and stands in front of me, shaking me a bit.

"Pa-...Hey...At me..."

It's like the world is moving in slow motion but I finally process what I did.

"You broke his nose," Virgil yelled.

Another quick A/N once again I want to apologize for taking so long to update. Unfortunately I lost a friend yesterday to a car accident and anytime I face death I tend to write more or/and read more. If you guys know any good Analogical/LAMP stories please let me know.
I know this is a weird thing to do or a weird way to cope but it's how I deal with this.

Thanks for reading and the next chapter will be posted soon!