13. Traitor, Who Pt. 2

Raven pov

The thought that there is a traitor in our pack doesn't sit right.

"Raven."

It's never once happened to any pack before, but also—

"Raven!"

"Yes," I reply to mom.

She stands around the room's round table with the Freak sitting next to her. Eva stands next to me, while Sol and Leviathan are outside talking on the phone. Mom glares at me from across the table, her hair in a messy bun and bags semi-visible underneath her makeup. She obviously experienced a long night.

"Have you not been listening," Mom snaps. "Last night our guards around the perimeters were knocked out. There wasn't much signs of a struggle and there were no marks left behind. They obviously knew our pack members."

"And the intruder also seem to know their way around our security systems, as they were turned off a minute or two before they dispatched our pack members on duty," Eva adds.

I frown at what Eva said. "Was it just one intruder or more?"

"We don't really know," Mom replies, "That does not mean it's not a possibility, but we cannot rule out other possibilities. With supernatural speed, it's possible for one person to do all of this. The other possibility is the perpetrator being able to hack from a portable device or had a hacker in their disposal to turn off the system."

"Then what are we supposed to do!" I slap the table harder than I wanted, but we've been here for hours. Dad is still suffering in the bathroom. And we have no leads!

"Watch your tone, young lady!" Mom growls back.

"Alright, well, good luck with all of this." Addal says before getting up.

"Where do you think you are going?" I ask.

She frowns back. "To look for my mom, of course." She walks to the door.

I didn't like that. It made me uncomfortable that she was leaving me. Rainbow howling in the back of mind to bring her back, but I don't want her. We are not from the same world. This is for the best...

"Are you sure you want to leave? You have a respectable reputation in town, for a hunter. We can really use your help."

Addal's hand hesitantly pauses on the door's knob before throwing over her shoulder, "I've already overstayed my welcome. Besides, you guys already gave me enough troubles."

I snort at her words then open mouth, but the words were stuck as Mom and Eve throws me a look.

"Please, you're our mat—"

"Whose mate? Last time I checked, Raven rejected me."

At those words, I feel a judgmental look from Mom and a silent glare from Eva.

I wanted to say something to them but the way they were throwing me an evil eye made me stare away.

"I don't really care about you, but you should help us. After all, it was you who gave them this opportunity."

"Me," Addal scoffs. "You mean you gave them the opportunity. Your pack started this shit when you fell for the oldest trick in the book and scared my mentally unstable mother away. You even left me a surprise by nearly destroying my house inside-out."

Eva clears her throat on the side but her, "Sorry about that," was not much bigger than a mosquito.

"Let's not forget you left me to die in your car. I owe you nothing" I flinch at her words, because she wasn't wrong. I left her. Even if the Raphael is stronger than me, I shouldn't have left her, but.

"That's not fair—"

"You did what!" Mom and Eva screams at me in horror.

Before I can defend myself, the door slams open and Sol is there with a serious face.

"Luna, the Alpha has been stabbed with Wolf bane, again. We have the perpetrator."

Mom gets up with a look of horror still on her face, she rushes out with Sol being dragged behind like a dog. We all chase after her. In the infirmary, father was resting, but we didn't go there.

In the farthest, deepest part of the pack is the prison. At the very last cell is the pack's traitor chained to a chair. He watches us with a creepy smile, giggling to himself once in a while. At the time, I can't process anything, the words are there but I couldn't focus in the moment.

Mom tried to get answers. He was just a regular member, an adult with a family, but nothing. He just giggles and says, "for the pack." Mom was about to give up when he stops giggling and smiling. He says, "I'm not the only one. There are more of us. And we won't stop, until he wakes up."

"Who is he?" Mom shouts, gripping the metal bar as if holding herself back from doing something reckless.

The man does not answer, his words turns into gibberish, then foam pours from his mouth. And he is gone.

--------------------------------------------
Hello readers this is Jben1, how do you like the story so far? Updates are still coming but it might be only one chapter each week, because I'm losing inspiration for this story and I'm busy with classes. Additionally, I'm thinking of making another story when I find more time to write.