12: Known For A While

Lisa

"Have you told her yet?"

"Oh yeah, Jisoo. I woke up this morning and told her I loved her whilst I was eating her out." Lisa hit her shoulder as she deadpanned. "Now shut the heck up before someone hears you."

"Okay but you need to tell her. That shit will eat you up, Manoban."

And it had been. It had only been one day and Lisa felt like an absolute heap of horse shit. The realization had messed with her head to the point that when she was going down on Jennie she had freaking cried between her legs and blamed the tears on freaking hayfever allergies. In winter.

Jennie was out of her pajamas and in her football shirt when she came down the stairs, it probably shouldn't leave Lisa's chest contracting as it did, but there was that girl in her team jersey and God was she perfect.

"Hey, how are you doing today?"

"Okay, I have some work I need to do from here but can we maybe just have a film day again? I don't feel like being around everyone today."

"Yeah, sure."

And it shouldn't bother her because Jennie is in need and low but all Lisa can think is how much it's gonna hurt when the brunette is holding onto her and all she can think about is her damn unrequited love for her fuck buddy. Though she would happily lay there as the knife gradually dug deeper and deeper if it made Jennie smile.

So that's how they end up in bed again that afternoon surrounded by takeout bags from three different places. Neither could agree on one place and Lisa couldn't deal with the bickering today; succumbing to just please them both with a wallet punching worth of order.

"Lisa, can you pass me a soda?"

She held onto the cup as Jennie sipped from the straw then placed it back on the cabinet.

Her hand trailed circles subconsciously on the skin of her back, feeling how little goosebumps followed in her fingers wake. It was infuriatingly couple-ish.

"Why are these films always so mushy?" Jennie groaned at Lisa who was forcing her to watch some straight rom-com which to be fair at least had Sandra Bullock in.

"It's cute!" It was cute. Honestly, the film was one of Lisa's favorites; she had a thing for those mushy love story films made in the early 2000s that just hit differently. The tacky comedy aspects and infuriating enemies to lovers trope that she was honestly a total slut for; living with those rose-tinted glasses that maybe one day she'd get her chance at a tacky perfect ending too.

"It's just so unrealistic like you're really going to go from hating each other to being in love like teens in some 3-day time span? So unrealistic, like jeez. Plus they're shit together, they should just stick to the sex."

They should just stick to the sex. Well, that sure as hell hurt.

"And what the hell is wrong with that?"

Jennie sat up and took in the change of tone. "Jeez, calm down I was just saying that—"

"That love is dumb right? That people can't change?"

"No I—"

"Whatever, Jennie."

And then Lisa was slamming the bathroom door and jeez she had really fucked up, but hearing Jennie say that had hit her harder than she cared to admit and God why was she crying right now?

Lisa wiped furiously at the tears with the back of her hand as Jennie banged on the door.

"Thailand, unlock the door."